Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II USAF departure and arrival at RAF Fairford | World Defense

Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II USAF departure and arrival at RAF Fairford

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The Air Force originally planned to retire its F-16s in 2025, but budget constraints and the slow delivery of its intended replacement, the F-35, forced the service to initiate a Service Life Extension Program for its F-16s, enabling the fighters to fly until at least 2048.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
The Air Force originally planned to retire its F-16s in 2025, but budget constraints and the slow delivery of its intended replacement, the F-35, forced the service to initiate a Service Life Extension Program for its F-16s, enabling the fighters to fly until at least 2048.

operating costs are too high for F-35, no way they can afford to operate the 1,700 planned planes, (They have been lying about sustainment costs) there is talk now of buying new F-16s or coming up with a new clean sheet fighter

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
operating costs are too high for F-35, no way they can afford to operate the 1,700 planned planes, (They have been lying about sustainment costs) there is talk now of buying new F-16s or coming up with a new clean sheet fighter
Why haven't I seen you in a while?

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Why haven't I seen you in a while?
been busy, trying to cut down on my internet usage, was spending way too much time on it. Had been stopping in and taking a look every once in while. Good to be back.

In better news, I got my first Pfizer shot last week from the Army, and I read a story (Think out of Johns Hopkins) we should have heard immunity in the US by April

Last edited: