Lodrhan: People rejected "Dynastic politics" PMLN secured 113k votes | World Defense

Lodrhan: People rejected "Dynastic politics" PMLN secured 113k votes

The Sandman

Reactions
405 34 0
Country
Pakistan
LODHRAN: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) candidate Iqbal Shah has won by-elections in NA-154 Lodhran-I defeating Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) candidate Ali Tareen with a margin of 27,519 votes, according to unofficial and unconfirmed results.

According to unofficial and unconfirmed results of all 338 polling stations, PML-N candidate Iqbal Shah secured 1,13,452 votes while the runner up Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) candidate Ali Tareen bagged 85,933.

Pakistan People’s Party candidate Mirz Muhammad Ali Baig secured only 3,170 votes.

Earlier, the polling of by-election in NA-154 Lodhran remained peaceful and no untoward incident reported from any polling station.
The polling started at 8:00 am and continued till 5:00 pm without any interval.

Polling process in 338 polling stations was carried out under the supervision of law enforcers.

The seat in NA-154 Lodhran had fallen vacant after disqualification of PTI leader Jahangir Tareen by the Supreme Court in December 2017.
The PTI fielded Jahangir’s son Ali Khan Tareen.

Another seven candidates also contested the elections as Independents.

Jahangir Tareen, while speaking to the media after casting his vote, stated that there was no possibility of rigging in the by-election with the presence of army personnel outside polling stations.

He said the PTI would respond to the Election Commission of Pakistan’s notice of violating its code of conduct, adding that the institution did not take any notice when the PML-N legislators were running the campaign for their candidate.

Tareen said that he would accept the result of the by-poll whatever it may be.

However, Iqbal Shah, the candidate of PML-N also observed that he would defeat opponents as people has reposed confidence in policies of the incumbent government.
https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/280196-pml-n-candidate-close-to-win-by-elections-in-na-154-lodhran

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Sad day for Pakistan.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
No it's not possible atm but PMLN (his party) has said they will make amendments next time to bring him back as PM.
With PPP, they willhave 2/3rds majority, right?

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
PTI defeated themselves today no one else is to be blamed tbh.
Yes , but we need to count the factor in mostly by-elections people vote for government candidate..Meanwhile i don't agree that people rejected this because of dynasty politics... If you know about this constituency one can easily analyse the reason was all other electable-s considered it threat ...Abdur raheman Kanjo and Saddiq baloch used to hold this constituency ,they both join this time against Tareen

Last edited:

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Next Wazeer e Azam (PM) is Shahbaz Sharif. This much is clear as of now ........ unless a miracle happens and Imran's new found Peerni sahiba invents a taweez for PTI to clean sweep the GE 2018.

In a way Shahbaz Shareef is okay .......... may be he would be the last one to be PM from a dynastic politics.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
Those who get demoralised can never achieve their potential. In my decades of political struggle for Insaf I have never been demoralised but have come back stronger after confronting adversities. The 2018 election is ours inshaAllah. - Imran Khan