Malaysia and Death Penalty | World Defense

Malaysia and Death Penalty

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
The recent Bali 9 caused a lot of protests in different parts of the world. It's due to drug trafficking. One was reprieved though. What is your take on it?

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
That's a tricky question. On one hand, I do not support capital punishment at all. On the other hand though, these laws DO exist in certain countries and I have to say that they must have known what they were getting into. Surely they knew the punishment that would be meted out if they were caught? If you visit a country, you must abide by their rules.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
It's true all you said. But the problem is sometime, the convicts are not given proper and fair trial. Some of them could just be victims of being framed.

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
It's true all you said. But the problem is sometime, the convicts are not given proper and fair trial. Some of them could just be victims of being framed.
someone being framed is another topic. statisticly there are more cases in the US than saudi. actually there is no comparison we are not even on the same level. yet americans only talk about someone might be framed if it was outside of the states. there are 1000s of cases in the states.

but going back to the topic. i support execution for drug traffickers and killers.
but not for drug users.
in saudi a drug user dosnt get executed at all just traffickers and dealers.
the damage drug brings to a society is unimaginable. killing, destroying families, economy etc...

so id rather the government spend money on the poor or society than feeding and taking care of killers and drug traffickers

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well these people were aware of the laws of the country before they broke it and so they must face the consequences. I don't agree with giving people the death penalty except in cases of murder. I think a sentence of 20 years would be most appropriate and that should help to keep the traffickers at bay.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
This is a hard nut to crack. My take on the death penalty is this - okay as long as the accused was proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. My only apprehension is what if the accused was executed and later on proved that he was not guilty at all? The life that had been taken and cannot be returned. If the due process is perfect then it is okay with me to execute the guilty offenders.