Marijuana For The Military? | Page 2 | World Defense

Marijuana For The Military?

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
LOL, it mellows them out but does not incapacitate them. I kick a lot of butt while high in my time, I just had no desire to hurt anyone unless I had to.

Military regulations NEVER make sense. Here is an example. A soldier I know got demoted because he was rushing across the base to catch his plane for deployment. The lowering of the flag sounded and he did not stop to stand at attention but kept on going before he got left behind. If he did not make it in time he would have been demoted and because he did not stop and stand at attention he got demoted. It was a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
LOL, it mellows them out but does not incapacitate them. I kick a lot of butt while high in my time, I just had no desire to hurt anyone unless I had to.

You are pretty useless as a soldier then :) The military has to get the soldier to hate the enemy, and to make him subhuman. Getting the soldier to shoot back at the enemy with then intention to kill is difficult, in WW2 only 20% of soldiers under fire where willing to do this, in Vietnam the figure went up to 50%.

Military regulations NEVER make sense. Here is an example. A soldier I know got demoted because he was rushing across the base to catch his plane for deployment. The lowering of the flag sounded and he did not stop to stand at attention but kept on going before he got left behind. If he did not make it in time he would have been demoted and because he did not stop and stand at attention he got demoted. It was a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

The purpose of this is to get the soldier to obey commands without question. This is done by making regulations which have no practical use. Loading and unloading of a tank gun has to be done in precise steps, and the loader is in an extremely confined space, surrounded by high explosive. The tank might be bouncing around, when the commander gives the order to load or unload the gun, it has to be done right away regardless what is happening.

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
The question is how much pot do they smoke?
SHORT-TERM EFFECTS
  • Sensory distortion
  • Panic
  • Anxiety
  • Poor coordination of movement
  • Lowered reaction time
  • After an initial “up,” the user feels sleepy or depressed
  • Increased heartbeat (and risk of heart attack)
LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF MARIJUANA
  • Reduced resistance to common illnesses (colds, bronchitis, etc.)
  • Suppression of the immune system
  • Growth disorders
  • Increase of abnormally structured cells in the body
  • Reduction of male sex hormones
  • Rapid destruction of lung fibers and lesions (injuries) to the brain could be permanent
  • Reduced sexual capacity
  • Study difficulties: reduced ability to learn and retain information
  • Apathy, drowsiness, lack of motivation
  • Personality and mood changes
  • Inability to understand things clearly
Anyone who seriously thinks that its fine for the military hooked on something like pot is out of their mind.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
I think marijuana can be allowed when a soldier is off duty but the period between consumption and resumption of duties should be at a set time say for example two days. Any drug when taken will have an effect on the body and the military is not the place to experiment with how marijuana will affect one's performance.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
The question is how much pot do they smoke?
SHORT-TERM EFFECTS
  • Sensory distortion
  • Panic
  • Anxiety
  • Poor coordination of movement
  • Lowered reaction time
  • After an initial “up,” the user feels sleepy or depressed
  • Increased heartbeat (and risk of heart attack)
LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF MARIJUANA
  • Reduced resistance to common illnesses (colds, bronchitis, etc.)
  • Suppression of the immune system
  • Growth disorders
  • Increase of abnormally structured cells in the body
  • Reduction of male sex hormones
  • Rapid destruction of lung fibers and lesions (injuries) to the brain could be permanent
  • Reduced sexual capacity
  • Study difficulties: reduced ability to learn and retain information
  • Apathy, drowsiness, lack of motivation
  • Personality and mood changes
  • Inability to understand things clearly
Anyone who seriously thinks that its fine for the military hooked on something like pot is out of their mind.

What you described is for someone who smokes heavily actually. A light smoker... like a joint a day.... does not experience or have those issues.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I understand all too well why soldiers feel the need to get drunk or drugged before a battle. The thought that this could be their last moments on earth is that scary. Humans as they are, it's but natural to feel scared at the prospect of dying and leaving behind loved ones. Marijuana use, however, weakens a soldier's performance in battle even as it dulls their senses (especially feelings of fear and pain).

Cmok

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well being a ex pot head and having smoke quite a bit, I can tell you this from experience.... someone who smokes pot within 1 hour is clear head enough to handle a weapon even if they smoke 4 joints in a row. I tested this myself. It is no different then having a few beers after work. You get buzzed for a bit and then it is gone. It maybe in your system but your mind is clear once it wears off, usually within an hour or so of ingesting it. I would rather our soldiers smoke pot then drink. Pot mellows you out... drinking makes you angry and aggressive. I would prefer a mellow soldier with a gun in his hand then a drunk one.

After smoking pot for years I couldn't agree more. In my case it takes a lot more time to clear my head after drinking a couple of bears than after smoking a joint. I got nothing against soldiers smoking pot off duty, helps you relax and clear you head.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
bears? You drink bears???? :eek: LMAO

Alcohol is very bad for the system. MJ has been proven to prevent and eliminate certain types of cancers. Help cancer patients through their treatments. Only causes damage to the lungs and such when used EXCESSIVELY. It takes only one beer a day to give you liver disease.... it takes 5 joints a day to damage the lungs.

I no longer smoke it cause I no longer need it. I smoked it for medical reasons.... I still have medical problems, but it is not a huge necessity. The only "medical" use for alcohol is to sterilize a wound.... and you have to have high grade alcohol for that.