Mashal Khan lynching: Shooter Imran Ali sentenced to death, 5 given 25 years in jail | Page 2 | World Defense

Mashal Khan lynching: Shooter Imran Ali sentenced to death, 5 given 25 years in jail

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
It is NOT going to be easy:

Religious parties assemble in Mardan to demand release of men convicted in Mashal Khan murder case

1518102240240.png

Multiple religious parties are set to protest on Friday against the conviction of 31 men found to have been involved in the brutal murder of Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan student Mashal Khan, who was lynched in April 2017 after being falsely accused of blasphemy.

The protest will be held after Friday prayers at a mosque in Mardan, where different religious and political parties will converge under the 'Khatm-i-Nabuwwat Mardan' banner to protest the convictions.

The protest has been sponsored by the Jamaat-i-Islami (JI), Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) and Maulana Samiul Haq's Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam.

The JI is also holding a gathering in Mardan on Thursday (today) to 'welcome' those acquitted by the ATC.

JI's Emir in Mardan, Dr Attaur Rehman, while speaking to DawnNews today said that the party is a constitutional and religious party which wants Shariah law imposed in Pakistan.

"The Haripur ATC honourably acquitted 26 individuals in the Mashal Khan case. This means they are innocent and today we are gathered to give them an exemplary welcome," he said.

JUI-F's Provincial General Secretary Shujaul Mulk, when asked about the reasons behind the Friday protest, told DawnNews that the 26 who were acquitted in the case by the Haripur Anti-Terrorism Court on Wednesday will address protesters tomorrow.

Mulk said that those let off were allegedly eyewitnesses to the lynching of Mashal Khan and continue to claim that he (Mashal) had committed blasphemy. He added that they had included this information in the statements recorded in court.

He also alleged that the men arrested for the murder of Mashal were beaten and forced confessions were extracted from them.

He said the men acquitted will tell attendees of the protest tomorrow about how they were treated in custody.

"Despite all this, the government cleared Mashal," the JUI-F leader said. "We are not going to sit quietly, we will approach the Supreme Court and challenge the punishments handed to each of the convicts," he insisted.

He added that the religious parties workers will ask the government to avoid appealing against the acquittals in the Mashal Khan case "as it will hurt the sentiments of Muslims" and warned that the move "may spark protests across the country."

A formal decision in this regard will be made at the gathering on Friday, Mulk said.

On Wednesday night, a jubilant crowd of religious party workers had gathered at the Mardan Motorway Interchange to "welcome" the 26 "heroes" who had been acquitted by the court, and to protest the ATC's verdict against the 31 men convicted of Mashal's murder.

The charged crowd chanted slogans against the murdered student and vowed to "move the Supreme Court against the verdict".

At least six of the acquitted reached Mardan on Wednesday night. One of the acquitted, Aizaz, was welcomed and garlanded enthusiastically by the crowd.

Aizaz, who was showered with petals and carried on the shoulders of supporters, addressed the crowd in Pashto, vowing that anyone who committed blasphemy or spoke against Khatm-i-Nabuwwat would "meet the same end as Mashal".

Meanwhile, JUI-F's Mulk said that the court may have sentenced one "lover of the Prophet (Peace be upon him)" to death, "but that there are thousands more Imrans on the streets" ready to act.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1388140

The Sandman

Reactions
405 34 0
Country
Pakistan
Yep on one side there's NS and his team pressuring judiciary and now this tough days for judiciary ahead...

The protest has been sponsored by the Jamaat-i-Islami (JI), Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) and Maulana Samiul Haq's Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam.
Ah our "Religious parties" always there to support the exact opposite of what religion and humanity teaches not surprised at all!

@I.R.A @Hithchiker @Arslan @Hellhound How long before you think Khadim rizvi will join and lead the bandwagon??

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
Yep on one side there's NS and his team pressuring judiciary and now this tough days for judiciary ahead...

Ah our "Religious parties" always there to support the exact opposite of what religion and humanity teaches not surprised at all!

@I.R.A @Hithchiker @Arslan @Hellhound How long before you think Khadim rizvi will join and lead the bandwagon??
You never knew about him...

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan

Religious parties assemble in Mardan to demand release of men convicted in Mashal Khan murder case

View attachment 5503

Multiple religious parties are set to protest on Friday against the conviction of 31 men found to have been involved in the brutal murder of Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan student Mashal Khan, who was lynched in April 2017 after being falsely accused of blasphemy.

The protest will be held after Friday prayers at a mosque in Mardan, where different religious and political parties will converge under the 'Khatm-i-Nabuwwat Mardan' banner to protest the convictions.

The JI is also holding a gathering in Mardan on Thursday (today) to 'welcome' those acquitted by the ATC.

JI's Emir in Mardan, Dr Attaur Rehman, while speaking to DawnNews today said that the party is a constitutional and religious party which wants Shariah law imposed in Pakistan.

"The Haripur ATC honourably acquitted 26 individuals in the Mashal Khan case. This means they are innocent and today we are gathered to give them an exemplary welcome," he said.

JUI-F's Provincial General Secretary Shujaul Mulk, when asked about the reasons behind the Friday protest, told DawnNews that the 26 who were acquitted in the case by the Haripur Anti-Terrorism Court on Wednesday will address protesters tomorrow.

Mulk said that those let off were allegedly eyewitnesses to the lynching of Mashal Khan and continue to claim that he (Mashal) had committed blasphemy. He added that they had included this information in the statements recorded in court.

He also alleged that the men arrested for the murder of Mashal were beaten and forced confessions were extracted from them.

He said the men acquitted will tell attendees of the protest tomorrow about how they were treated in custody.

"Despite all this, the government cleared Mashal," the JUI-F leader said. "We are not going to sit quietly, we will approach the Supreme Court and challenge the punishments handed to each of the convicts," he insisted.

He added that the religious parties workers will ask the government to avoid appealing against the acquittals in the Mashal Khan case "as it will hurt the sentiments of Muslims" and warned that the move "may spark protests across the country."

A formal decision in this regard will be made at the gathering on Friday, Mulk said.

On Wednesday night, a jubilant crowd of religious party workers had gathered at the Mardan Motorway Interchange to "welcome" the 26 "heroes" who had been acquitted by the court, and to protest the ATC's verdict against the 31 men convicted of Mashal's murder.

The charged crowd chanted slogans against the murdered student and vowed to "move the Supreme Court against the verdict".

At least six of the acquitted reached Mardan on Wednesday night. One of the acquitted, Aizaz, was welcomed and garlanded enthusiastically by the crowd.

Aizaz, who was showered with petals and carried on the shoulders of supporters, addressed the crowd in Pashto, vowing that anyone who committed blasphemy or spoke against Khatm-i-Nabuwwat would "meet the same end as Mashal".

Meanwhile, JUI-F's Mulk said that the court may have sentenced one "lover of the Prophet (Peace be upon him)" to death, "but that there are thousands more Imrans on the streets" ready to act.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1388140
i wish they approach supreme court..This is what i say Munafqat they will take 180 degree u-turn in court to prove there innocence

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan

Jamaat -i- Islami happens to be in coalition government with PTI in KPK and

Maulana Samiul Haq is nominated for senator's seat by PTI.

Shows how much insecure all of us are about our perfect faith. We need to blame an already killed person who happened to be from a poor family. These religious clergies have been long overdue their justification for existence, these are zombie, psycho killers producing factories. When will we wake up ...........

Has anyone told Aizaz that there is no bravery in firing shots at an unarmed beaten to death guy?

Quran has specifically mentioned that anyone who has killed a believer ........ his destination is eternal hell. In any scenario ..... even if Mashal had committed any offense ....... no individual had the right to take law in his own hands ........ and if he hadn't then you have simply committed a plain brutal murder. Worry about your end you illiterate ignorant bigot.

Hello I am also Imran ........... and I am not your zombie Imran.

According to your logic we should all be killing 24/7 ....... because all of you fckng sectarians have declared each other infidel and non Muslims.

And interestingly none of you leeches protested or gathered support for victims of Kasur ....... the young children who were killed, raped and abused ........ none of you came out on roads asking justice for those poor children and their families ........ what sort of honor are you defending and who gave you this authority?

If it was me I will be using Rizvi against them. These are deobandis ...... and Rizvi is bareilwi ......... you know they don't support each other at all and consider the other as non Muslim ..... get Rizvi to write a fatwa in Mashal's favor and against his killing.

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
If it was me I will be using Rizvi against them. These are deobandis ...... and Rizvi is bareilwi ......... you know they don't support each other at all and consider the other as non Muslim ..... get Rizvi to write a fatwa in Mashal's favor and against his killing.
Na, this will create another issue and people will forget the rest..Already they both consider it Farz to oppose each other

The Sandman

Reactions
405 34 0
Country
Pakistan
But that can create more chaos and a full on sectarian gang war imo...

Lekin aren't both of them in their minds praise people like these and qadri because they've done some holy job? isme bhi apne sect le ke aate hain kya ye log??? :oops:

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Na, this will create another issue and people will forget the rest..Already they both consider it Farz to oppose each other

But that can create more chaos and a full on sectarian gang war imo...

Lekin aren't both of them in their minds praise people like these and qadri because they've done some holy job? isme bhi apne sect le ke aate hain kya ye log??? :oops:

Both of them are doing politics on Khatam e Nabuat. In a different way, it doesn't matter for both of them if its just or unjust cause ...... they are busy attracting and exploiting zombies.

In all fairness both of them have challenged the writ of state, its laws and its institutions ....... why its any different than TTP?

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
Both of them are doing politics on Khatam e Nabuat. In a different way, it doesn't matter for both of them if its just or unjust cause ...... they are busy attracting and exploiting zombies.

In all fairness both of them have challenged the writ of state, its laws and its institutions ....... why its any different than TTP?
They can be maneuver that's why