Mean tactics | World Defense

Mean tactics

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
Some militaries use mean and business minded tactics in order to overwhelm or defeat opposing forces. One such technique was used in Sri Lanka against the LTTE and it involved mowing down as many rebel soldiers as possible. In other words body count not territory is what mattered. Territory was a natural consequence of dispatched rebel soldiers. Do you know of such tactics elsewhere in combat?

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
In my opinion, inflict maximum causality on the enemy while keep your own causality as low as possible should be the goal in battle. Even if it means temporarily lose some territory or give up something else. If you can keep doing it repeatedly, you will eventually win when the enemy run out of manpower. Even if they do not run out of manpower, repeatedly taking much higher causality will eventually change the balance of power.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I really do not support war or any kind of violence but my opinion is strictly logical one since I am a rational person. The point of a tactic is to overcome something or somebody or to win and defeat some country or organization. Why is this a question? It's like there is a string of morality involving wars. All tactics are mean in war. They all have one goal. Getting what you want no matter what. It was not Machiavelli who said this :), it is what it is. I don't appreciate it but I understand. It is not football so that you can say, "Oh, he was just mean. It wasn't a fair play at all." There is no fair play in battle and I believe this kind of question is absurd.