France
patro.jpg

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
Bro, does France manufacture armed UAVs ?

This drone can carry various weapons such as the future anti tank missile MMP and laser guided rockets.

or you don't rely much on these toys in air-land missions and fly the Rafale instead. (:-)

That's the problem in fact,we are thinking about arming our Reapers (operated by the air force.) that are operating in the Sahel for exemple.
Because if a group of terrorist is located by a Reaper in northern Mali,we need several hours for a Rafale that comes from N'Djamena (Chad) to reach the area and then strike the terrorists,while an armed Reaper can do this within seconds and so reduce the overall costs.
-
It's just a matter of time before the Reapers are armed,and why not the future Patrollers.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I nice looking drone and quite functional .Now, I am not an expert on this matter but it kind of looks a bit bigger to me. On first look I thought it was smaller but then I saw it near a person and realized it is quite big. Correct me if I'm wrong about this. I haven't seen any other military drones so I have no idea about the size. All in all it looks like a quality product by France.

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
I nice looking drone and quite functional .Now, I am not an expert on this matter but it kind of looks a bit bigger to me. On first look I thought it was smaller but then I saw it near a person and realized it is quite big. Correct me if I'm wrong about this. I haven't seen any other military drones so I have no idea about the size. All in all it looks like a quality product by France.

The Patroller is in fact a unmanned variant of the German Stemme ASP-S15 sailplane.

Stemme_S.6_D-KAIR_9226266116.jpg

Last edited:

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
This drone can carry various weapons such as the future anti tank missile MMP and laser guided rockets.

That's the problem in fact,we are thinking about arming our Reapers (operated by the air force.) that are operating in the Sahel for exemple.
Because if a group of terrorist is located by a Reaper in northern Mali,we need several hours for a Rafale that comes from N'Djamena (Chad) to reach the area and then strike the terrorists,while an armed Reaper can do this within seconds and so reduce the overall costs.
-
It's just a matter of time before the Reapers are armed,and why not the future Patrollers.

I don't see a missile base?

Last edited:

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
You mean the launch system. It an external part and can be integrated in time of use.

Yup that is exactly what I mean. I don't know for some reason I thought there is another armed version of the drone.