MH17 investigation finished: Dutch report came out | World Defense

MH17 investigation finished: Dutch report came out

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
The Dutch Safety Board (DSB) just released today its report about the Malaysia Airlines flight 17. The criminal prosecution and investigation is still on-going, this investigation releases just the information about the crash of the plane.

According to the report, the Ukrainian authorities knew it was a combat zone and the airspace of the Eastern Ukraine should have been closed. The Ukrainian authorities was too much concerned about the military interests that it did not closed the airspace, according to the investigation. None of the 160 planes that got on the MH17 route was advised against any threat.

The missile is theoretically a ground-to-air missile, but in reality it could be a air-to-air as much it can be an ground-to-air. The investigators says it is the BUK's Russian rocket system that destroyed the plane, but the Russian said it was too old and probably sold and so the weapon belonged to Ukrainian army, basically saying Ukrainian Army is responsible of the launching weapon, not Russia. At least 16 of Ukrainian forces had been shot down between the end of April and July 17, 2014.

Source: Warhead from eastern Ukraine brought down MH17 - CNN.com

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
That fated Malaysian Airline's case is closed now and the reason for the crash is clear. But the other Malaysian Airline that is missing is still a case unclosed. Flight MH370 that was missing years ago which was supposedly found by Australia in the Indian Ocean is now reportedly found in the southern Philippines. Ironically, the man who found the wreckage in an island in Mindanao is a Malaysian.

Man claims MH370 wreckage in Mindanao | Inquirer Global Nation

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Both nations blaming each other so nothing new there unfortunately...

I was watching the news this evening and they saw the missile exploded just above the cockpit, killing the crew instantly and that it's possible that some people in the cabin were still conscious as the plane made it's 90 second descent. Just thinking what they must have been going through makes me pretty sick and I hope the families of the loved ones they lost do get some sort of justice.

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
That fated Malaysian Airline's case is closed now and the reason for the crash is clear. But the other Malaysian Airline that is missing is still a case unclosed. Flight MH370 that was missing years ago which was supposedly found by Australia in the Indian Ocean is now reportedly found in the southern Philippines. Ironically, the man who found the wreckage in an island in Mindanao is a Malaysian.

Man claims MH370 wreckage in Mindanao | Inquirer Global Nation
Irony? Maybe not, maybe this person is more trying to find plane debris for helping its nation, after all. I know, it's a bit unlikely, but if you focus on something, you have more likeliness to find something. The problem is that the plane of MH370 is now down under thousands of feet of sea. That will be hard to find, because if we was unable to find that plane despite the black boxes emitting a signal, now they don't, that's going to be a weird-to-investigate affair.

Both nations blaming each other so nothing new there unfortunately...

I was watching the news this evening and they saw the missile exploded just above the cockpit, killing the crew instantly and that it's possible that some people in the cabin were still conscious as the plane made it's 90 second descent. Just thinking what they must have been going through makes me pretty sick and I hope the families of the loved ones they lost do get some sort of justice.
In the article I linked as a source, it talks about that matter. And the problem is that, it says both: the passengers were dazed or unconscious, but "occupants were barely able to comprehend the situation in which they found themselves", the DSB said.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
@HeliArmy, you may laugh at this but my husband's theory on the missing MH370 plane is that it was abducted by aliens. Of course there's a trace of joke in that but his basis is the black box that you mentioned. Why can't the searchers find that emission from the black box? As some in the media had remarked, it is not easy to hide something as big as a passenger jet plane.

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
@HeliArmy, you may laugh at this but my husband's theory on the missing MH370 plane is that it was abducted by aliens. Of course there's a trace of joke in that but his basis is the black box that you mentioned. Why can't the searchers find that emission from the black box? As some in the media had remarked, it is not easy to hide something as big as a passenger jet plane.
Hm. The Oceania's Sea is really broad. You can get the signal for the flight data recorder only one, or if you are lucky, few miles away. This isn't the first time in the history planes are crashing and planes we can't find in the ocean isn't a phenomena so rare when we lost the trace of a place. If the emergency signal was so good, there wouldn't be search and many boats trying to cover many square miles. If I remember correctly, sometimes it taken years of search to find an eventual position of where the plane debris could be and finally find it and investigate what happened.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Pardon me for this segue but that case of flight MH370 is really intriguing to me. In this digital age of advanced technology, it is hard to imagine that a big plane would be lost without a trace. There was a news item a few months back that they found a portion of the wing near Australia and that wing was presumed to belong to MH370. But nothing is clear until now, they really cannot pinpoint the location.