MILF may face criminal charges before international court | World Defense

MILF may face criminal charges before international court

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
Senator Miriam Santiago gave Moro Islamic Liberation Front chief negotiator Mohagher Iqbal no time to breathe from her questions concerning the brutal killing of the SAF commandos. During the senate investigation, Senator Santiago recounted how the SAF pretty much walked into a trap, locked in hours of gunfight and after being wounded and running out of ammunition, they were mercilessly executed. A video was also presented to the hearing, it showed an alive yet wounded SAF officer - shot twice on the head by an unknown man whom the senate strongly believes to be a Moro guerrilla. The grisly video was uploaded and immediately went viral on sites like YouTube and Facebook. Unfortunately, the video has been out there for too long, tracking and removing all the circulating copies was next to impossible.

Santiago said that if it is proven that members of MILF were responsible for the overkill, criminal charges can be filed against them before the international court.

More on the story:
Video link: Warning Graphic content.
Miriam: MILF can be charged before int’l court over Mamasapano incident
Brother of SAF cop in viral video speaks up

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
There is a great possibility that MILF will face charges in International Crimimal Court ( ICC). I personally watched the viral video that surfacing the internet about the brutal killings of the SAF and I must agree with senator Poe it is very inhuman and barbaric.

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I really think that they need to come up with a better acronym because the first thing that I thought of was a really attractive mother going up against an international criminal court for some sort of rape or crime.
But anyways, it seems to me like they're going to face some charges due to those killings that @tipoywizard was talking about in his comment. Any organization murdering people like that in such a brutal manner, or at all really, should have some sort of charges pressed against them and they should really be doing some jail time because of it.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
You know what, Miriam Santiago should have shut her trap. She's only making things worse with her side comments. She asked questions to the former chief PNP only to cut him off. She sounded like a total idiot who only wanted to inflate her own ego for her 2016 plans. Anyway, facing criminal charges before the ICC is far from happening. The crime occurred within the Philippine territory and there was no foreign military involved except as medical aid. I don't see why the ICC has anything to do with this.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I really think that they need to come up with a better acronym because the first thing that I thought of was a really attractive mother going up against an international criminal court for some sort of rape or crime.

That was my first thought too! You put it way better than I would have done though!

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
You know what, Miriam Santiago should have shut her trap. She's only making things worse with her side comments. She asked questions to the former chief PNP only to cut him off. She sounded like a total idiot who only wanted to inflate her own ego for her 2016 plans. Anyway, facing criminal charges before the ICC is far from happening. The crime occurred within the Philippine territory and there was no foreign military involved except as medical aid. I don't see why the ICC has anything to do with this.

For the Sabbah incident, Malaysia wanted PNoy (President of the Philippines) to turn over the so called Sabbah Sultan for his terrorist attack. PNoy protected him, that means he is protecting a terrorist. He is doing the same thing as Afghanistan did when they protected Osama Bin Laden. Protecting international terrorists is an ICC issue. The are atleast 3+ other international charges the Philippines could face.

The reality is Filipino courts are a joke, a convicted pedophile is elected congressman and then pardoned. A former President who was convicted for plunder, is pardoned and allowed for public office. Santiago is then forced to take these things to a higher court.

The Philippines wants US help, they should clean up their act. The Philippines is in danger of being thrown out of the UN because of its rampant corruption. Frankly speaking USA and the rest of the world is fed up with throwing foreign aide into a black hole.

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
I heard how Senator Santiago challenged a former president to a fistfight who was also an ex-military general, she's indeed a fiery one even now that she's stricken with cancer. I like the fact that she's really pressing hard on the people possibly involved in the Mamasapano clash but I'm afraid to think that one the incident was sensationalized too much as a distraction to bury that 10 Billion peso corruption case. The people are exhausted, if they could all afford to just pack up and leave, the Philippines would probably end up deserted.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
For the Sabbah incident, Malaysia wanted PNoy (President of the Philippines) to turn over the so called Sabbah Sultan for his terrorist attack. PNoy protected him, that means he is protecting a terrorist. He is doing the same thing as Afghanistan did when they protected Osama Bin Laden. Protecting international terrorists is an ICC issue. The are atleast 3+ other international charges the Philippines could face.

The reality is Filipino courts are a joke, a convicted pedophile is elected congressman and then pardoned. A former President who was convicted for plunder, is pardoned and allowed for public office. Santiago is then forced to take these things to a higher court.

The Philippines wants US help, they should clean up their act. The Philippines is in danger of being thrown out of the UN because of its rampant corruption. Frankly speaking USA and the rest of the world is fed up with throwing foreign aide into a black hole.
Why do you keep bringing up the Sabah incident? Do you know that that's an entirely different issue and has nothing do with the thread here? ICC has no jurisdiction over this case. Santiago is still a Philippine senator. Although she was invited to be a judge of the court, she deferred her appointment so she could carry on with her duties as an elected public official. In other words, she has no current connection with ICC - just a deferred appointment. The ICC isn't a "higher court." It's simply an international court whose purpose is to settle disputes and conflicts between two or more countries. Enough said.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
Why do you keep bringing up the Sabah incident? Do you know that that's an entirely different issue and has nothing do with the thread here? ICC has no jurisdiction over this case.

The ICC has no juridiction over international terrorism ? The Sabah incident is an example of Filipino terrorists attacking the sovereign nation of Malaysia and then being protected by the Philippine government. The latest incident shows that the Philippine President is protecting Muslim terrorists, this is not a Philippines problem, but the world's problem.

The ICC tried and convicted members of the former Yugoslavia who commited attrocities similar to the Ampatuan massacre. Many of the weapons and ammo confiscated from the Ampatuan massacre including 3 machineguns originated from USA.

The Philippines is protecting terrorism, and they should be invaded, just Afghanistan was invaded for protecting terrorists like Osama Bin Laden.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
I wish the the whole Philippine government, or at least the slate of the current administration. If they are not guilty, why don't they prove it in front of the world. It's not just the Filipino people that are at stake, but the Philippines at its whole, its integrity.

Charity

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I have to say, it would appear that a lot of the Islamic killings are falling on the outer side of being brutal to barbaric. With that being said, what good will charges do against someone with this mindset? It may even make them a martyr for their cause.