Military Careers? | World Defense

Military Careers?

blur92

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I'm going to start with saying that I am not extremely knowledgeable about the military. The reason I am coming to this forum is because my boyfriend is in the National Guard. However, he has been having a lot of issues with his unit. Moreover, his knees, ankles, and shoulder are fairly messed up therefore he has not been able to pass PT for some time. All of this has gotten him extremely low. Since the age of 8 he has wanted to have a career in the military. Is there any hope for him? What can he do or are there other careers he can choose from that do not require PT?

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
He might be able to be transfered to a unit which requires less PT, but there is always a PT requirement in the military. Possibly he might be able to get a job in law enforcement, there are many jobs there which do not have a PT requirement.

In the military the PT requirement is extremely important, most militaries are lowering the PT requirements because they are having a hard time recruiting members, this is causing the military performance to drop.

I see your BF's point of view, but I also see the military's point of view.

wise_turtle

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
If it's only a temporary thing then it might not be so much of a problem, but if he's unable to get better then it's going to make a career difficult. As the last poster said PT requirements exist for almost any job in the military. I would look into physical therapy or researching ways to exercise while reducing injury. The exact course of action to take will of course depend on the particulars of his problems and for that it's best for him to consult a doctor.