Millions March in Paris to honor terrorism attack victims | World Defense

Millions March in Paris to honor terrorism attack victims

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
1420997488809.jpg

It was a site to beyond as an estimated 3 million people marched the streets of Paris. This included world leaders from Germany, Italy, Israel, Turkey, Britain and the Palestinian territories.

Giant letters attached to a statue in the square spelt out the word Pourquoi?" (Why?) and small groups sang the "La Marseillaise" national anthem.

It was impossible to count the exact number of marchers spread throughout Paris, although it is clear the largest public demonstration in the history of France, more than those who took the streets following when Allies liberated the city from the Nazis in World War 2.

"Paris is today the capital of the world. Our entire country will rise up and show its best side," stated President Hollande.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
The world is united in how the majority feel about this, but we are all bracing ourselves for the next attack. The only thing is will the people who are helping these people moved by this and realize they are enabling these acts? Will the authorities do more to prevent these people from having freedom? Do Human Rights apply to people that can be proven to plan terrorist acts?

People will ask could this have been prevented? Who knows, but there needs to be more protection for the citizens after all they didn't know these people were on a no-fly list.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
This display of solidarity of the French peoples and international leaders is truly heartwarming to see. I hope this powerful symbolic gesture leads to concrete action and co-operation between different nations. Everyone needs to work together to limit the influence of extremism.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Traditionally, the British and the French do not have much time for each other. I have to admit, though, I do admire the French resilience. They have always stood up for themselves and managed to bring about change without resorting to violence. That crowd in the picture looks phenomenal!

Stims

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
This display of solidarity of the French peoples and international leaders is truly heartwarming to see. I hope this powerful symbolic gesture leads to concrete action and co-operation between different nations. Everyone needs to work together to limit the influence of extremism.

Exactly! Truly touching what has happened today in Paris. Just shows how passionate people feel about this!

I agree with what you say; we need to unite as one nation to fight extremism and terrorism and show them it will not be accepted or tolerated. [HASHTAG]#WorldPeace[/HASHTAG]

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Do Human Rights apply to people that can be proven to plan terrorist acts?

Its our willingness that extend basic Human Rights to even terrorists that make us better than them. Its a slippery slope and one better not traveled upon. Though we kind of already have begun. First we decided Human rights don't apply to people who carry out terrorist attacks and we've stuck them in Gitmo, now we question whether they apply to people who plan terrorist attacks. Next it will be to people who simply have a certain ideology who may possibly become terrorists. Just because someone is an Islamic fundamentalist doesn't mean they are going to go out and commit acts of terrorism.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I reckon it was good everyone came together and honored the ones who lost their lives in the attack which was done in a brutal way and would not be surprised if it was people in the country doing it. People who plan the attacks can be stopped, if it is known they are doing this and try and change them if possible and we need to be united to combat terrorism. We need to show that it is not going to be a normal part of life and they will have to stop their attacks and realize they are losing more in the process than gaining.