Mohammed Morsi dies in court

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
Egypt's ousted president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
17 June 2019

Egypt's former president Mohammed Morsi, who was ousted by the army in 2013, has died in court, state TV says.

He reportedly fainted after a court session where he was facing espionage charges and subsequently died. He was 67.

Morsi was overthrown following mass protests a year after he took office as the country's first democratically elected leader.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Political Islamism is a disease. Can not wait to say RIP to Erdogan the rest of his squad residing in Qatar.

May he rest in peace.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Political Islamism is a disease. Can not wait to say RIP to Erdogan the rest of his squad residing in Qatar.

May he rest in peace.
Who Erdogan? ?

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
I have read MB reactions here and there accusing the Egyptian government of being behind Morsi's death. You never know what they might do, probably trying to revenge using force.
Oh you mean Muslim Brotherhood, I thought you meant MBS of KSA! My bad.

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
Oh the Saudis cannot stand MB a bit, they are probably having a good time now.
I'm not sure who Saudis hate more, the MB or Iran? ?

I don't really understand why the Saudis hate the MB so much, fears that the movement would enter KSA?

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
I'm not sure who Saudis hate more, the MB or Iran? ?

I don't really understand why the Saudis hate the MB so much, fears that the movement would enter KSA?

hehe. As far as I know, the MB were about to establish a stronghold in Egypt and presumably move from there to install pro-MB governments in surrounding countries that witnessed the Arab Spring. I think they attempted to overthrow the UAE monarch but the plan did not work out. Gulf monarchies see Islamists a threat to their stability and will do anything to get rid of them.