Morale in the USA Military | World Defense

Morale in the USA Military

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I am very appreciative of our military. They are the heroes of our country and give us so much freedom that does not come free. I have heard mixed reviews in regards to the morale of our armed forces. I perceive it to be high. Some people are saying that is low. They say this is because of unnecessary wars and some of accusations against our military. I don't think this is true. But I would be very interested in hearing from others what you think about this. Are you in military and can comment? Or do you have a friend or family member in the military and you can comment? Some people say being stationed away from home creates the low morale. What do you think?

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
I think it is mixed. Any military person serves this country with pride, but morale can be low after several deployments. Rates of PTSD and suicides in our armed forces are very high. We've also had some recent tragedies on a couple of our bases and the VA scandal to deal with that casts a small shadow and opens a little picture window to what some of our veterans have had to deal with since returning home. Our current wars are have been fought a long time. We left Iraq just to see it start to fall into the wrong hands again after a decade. It's not east.