Mosque bombing in Yemen kills 130+ | World Defense

Mosque bombing in Yemen kills 130+

TommyVercetti

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
An affiliate of the Islamic State group is claiming responsibility for the incident. What will be the repercussions of this attack to the Islamic world in general in regards to their relationship with IS? Mostly Shiites were targeted; what part might this particular detail play? the implications are very troubling...

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/03/20/world/middleeast/ap-ml-yemen.html?_r=1

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
An affiliate of the Islamic State group is claiming responsibility for the incident. What will be the repercussions of this attack to the Islamic world in general in regards to their relationship with IS? Mostly Shiites were targeted; what part might this particular detail play? the implications are very troubling...

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/03/20/world/middleeast/ap-ml-yemen.html?_r=1
The Sunnis and the Shiites have been killing each other for a long time. This is nothing new. There are radicals on both sides who feel like the other side isn't Muslim enough! Until the Islamic world turns vigilante against these maniacs, nothing will change. Personally I don't foresee that happening.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
What IS is doing obviously has nothing to do with their faith in Allah since plain as the day, they're also attacking their fellow Muslims even if they are Shiites. The implications do not trouble me at all. The world has to be free from the evil that is ISIS before more useless deaths will pile up.

TommyVercetti

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I think it's fair to say that ISIS isn't really a movement based on the religion of Islam or a jihad for that matter. These are bad men who are hiding their true intentions through the guise of religion and I hope that the Muslim world recognizes this truth and stands up to join the fight against them.

sillylucy

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
That is horrible! Bombings are always so cowardly in my opinion. I don't get it. I don't get why there have been so many mosque attacks in the past month. Sweden and now Yemen. It is not a good time to be attending mosque.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Should this go on then we should expect the sectarian war to spread to other countries. The more ISIS and their affiliates murder Shia's it's only a matter of time before Shiite extremists start to attack any Sunni's since the terrorists have been indiscriminately murdering Shiite's killed any wherever they were to be found. The turmoil in the Middle East is poised to progressively get worse IMHO.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Who knows it could be a false flag attack carried out by the Houthis or an Iranian agent to justify future attacks on Sunnis.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Who knows it could be a false flag attack carried out by the Houthis or an Iranian agent to justify future attacks on Sunnis.
Maybe. If that's so then I think the Iranians are despicable. All might be fair in war and all that kind of stuff but to stoop to such depths murdering those they should be protecting to justify attacks against Sunnis is disgusting. I just hope that people might see this as an attack by extremists who don't embrace the teachings of Islam. Regardless of who is responsible or claims responsibility, that should be the enemy they [Shiites] hate. But if they don't then the sectarian war that might erupt will rip the Middle East apart.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Maybe. If that's so then I think the Iranians are despicable. All might be fair in war and all that kind of stuff but to stoop to such depths murdering those they should be protecting to justify attacks against Sunnis is disgusting. I just hope that people might see this as an attack by extremists who don't embrace the teachings of Islam. Regardless of who is responsible or claims responsibility, that should be the enemy they [Shiites] hate. But if they don't then the sectarian war that might erupt will rip the Middle East apart.

Shias and Sunnis in Yemen have been living together in peace and harmony till Iran pocked a nose in Yemen's internal affairs. Iran has done it in Iraq and Lebanon and tried to stir sectarianism in Bahrain as well. That is the way Iran does to win the Shia support in the Arab world, spreading sectarianism and conducting false attacks and then uses its media to blame and spread false allegations.

Yemen former president cause chaos: Iran official

PressTV-Yemen’s Hadi causes chaos: Iran official

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
Unfortunately this is just one of the many security problems that Yemen has been facing recently. Looks like it' yet another country that is about to fall into chaos... it's just getting worse and worse all the time.