Most Corrupt Countries in the World | World Defense

Most Corrupt Countries in the World

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Corruption is what makes the poor and the abused. Without it we can't expect a bright future ahead of our fellowmen and children. We must understand however, that it's not all in the government. Our success still relies on ourselves. Our government as our parents oils that success and helps us claim it.

Here are the 10 most corrupt countries in the world according to Forbes:
10. Venezuela
9. Haiti
8. Iraq
7. Sudan
6. Turkmenistan
5. Uzbekistan
4. Afghanistan
3. Myanmar
2. North Korea
1. Somalia

Got any thoughts?

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
Yes, it is very unfortunate that corruption exists. Often it is the primary obstacle which separates poor oppressed countries and prosperous free ones. It is a shame to see many countries with rich natural resources, including some of those on that list, held back because of the selfishness of a small group of people.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I am surprised Russia isn't on the list! I suppose the sheer size of the country helps to dilute it a bit. No surprise to see North Korea there though!

RobertNick

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Romania
The list seems accurate. I just read that Denmark(in which I currently live) is obviously still the slightest degenerate nation on the planet, I think that's really astonishing, considering I got relatives in Venezuela which unquestionably claim must be the most tormented nation on the planet.

I think on the off chance that somebody who has carried on with all their life in Venezuela for instance would barely accept how straight forward police and lawmakers are here basically, of course we do have our examples.

Yet despite everything it's better than numerous third world nations like Pakistan where I for one have dealt with dirty cops that genuinely knew, and I knew it was about the cash. I've even paid to escape from police custody in the wake of getting busted in a cold medication purchase.

Have you encountered corruption ?

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Where are Russia and Mexico? They should both be on this list.

May102014

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
USA
Nowadays, the problem of people is that they depend it all in the government. It's all on how you deal with stuff. The attitude that you are going to exhibit once you have the problem. It's up to the people if they decide to live with it or stand and change it. Change truly comes from within so I conclude we all start with ourselves and the rest will follow.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I am also surprised to see Russia isn't on the list, as well as North Korea not being #1. I knew Somalia had problems but has no idea they were considered the worst. I'm also surprised Colombia isn't on there. Have they made some major improvements in the last few years?

Rainshield7

Reactions
3 1 0
Country
USA
Corruption is what makes the poor and the abused. Without it we can't expect a bright future ahead of our fellowmen and children. We must understand however, that it's not all in the government. Our success still relies on ourselves. Our government as our parents oils that success and helps us claim it.

Here are the 10 most corrupt countries in the world according to Forbes:
10. Venezuela
9. Haiti
8. Iraq
7. Sudan
6. Turkmenistan
5. Uzbekistan
4. Afghanistan
3. Myanmar
2. North Korea
1. Somalia

Got any thoughts?
I agree with Somalia being at the top of the list. I mean look at all the trouble that has gone on with Black Hawk Down which I liked the movie. Iraq that one is blatantly obvious as far as the country that is corrupt.

Waynefire

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I am surprised America did not make the list. Yes, I know that the government claims they do not have much corruption, but that is because they have all been bought by the lobbyist as it is.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I am surprised America did not make the list. Yes, I know that the government claims they do not have much corruption, but that is because they have all been bought by the lobbyist as it is.
You sir make an excellent point! I don't think we know the half of it!

Laplace

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Philippines
Corruption of these nations are due to human brutality. In the end, we are all just animals, only now we have advanced methods of showing brutality for the simplicity of getting what we want.

In the Philippines, at the incident of a super typhoon disaster, relief goods are sent by other countries as aid. I'm sure some of you have heard of it. And what happened is the use of politics in the Philippines to steal credit on the relief goods that are sent to the victims. A certain politician (I prefer not to name, but it is the president.) used his power to take credit by processing the goods and replacing their titles as if it came from them. Due to this, the time it takes for the goods to reach their destination has been delayed by days.

Ispanico

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Denmark
My take on corruption is very personal, having come from Argentina.

As it's probably the case with most of the countries on that list, Argentina has a rich history of corruption, starting about 100 years ago, when we were one of the world's richest nations after WW1. We had the resources (and still do), the land and the workforce to develop into a powerful nation, but the corruption coming from the lieutenants controlling the land and agriculture made the industry screech to a halt, and we never got to develop a strong industrial economy, staying as an agroexporting nation.

We also have a record of 0 politicians jailed for corruption, when it's known by the general public that every single president and most lawmakers are extremely corrupt. That is zero politicians jailed for corruption. In the US, for example, 4 out of the last 7 governors of Illinois went to jail.

It's hard to improve and move forward while being held back by such preposterous corruption levels.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think we can all safely say that possibly every country in the world has its fair share of corrupt politicians and officials.
The countries on the list come as no surprise to most people I don't think. Countries such as the US and the UK while they might not be on the list, I'm positive corruption is widespread in these countries also, its just maybe covered up a little better?

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I agree about wondering why a couple of countries aren't on that list. They should expand the list to at the very least 100. I think it would be more interesting to see a list of countries that are NOT corrupt. It would take a lot less time and space.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well there are a lot of countries that are in the top 2 that may surprise some. Corruption in the highest order ensures that wealth and education is distributed to a selected few while the mass of the population is left poor and uneducated with no way of escaping except for migration of organized crime.