Multinational Military Exercise in India - Russia, US, China, Japan to participate | World Defense

Multinational Military Exercise in India - Russia, US, China, Japan to participate

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
In a first such exercise in the region, all ASEAN countries along with US, Russia, China, Japan, and South Korea will be participating in military drills in Pune, India. The event has been termed as Force18. The purpose of the exercise is to share field knowledge and train military trainers from all the participating countries in performing better in peace-keeping ops, disaster management, and other humanitarian activities.

Trainers of Asean Plus Nations Arrive for the Multinational Military Exercise at Pune

Military exercise with ASEAN Plus countries in Pune from March 2

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
This is the first I've heard of this. I think it will be good to learn techniques that have been working for other countries, particularly in their own countries, since they are the experts on that subject. I'm sure field knowledge would be helpful not only in situations of war, but also when going into a country for some sort of rescue mission after a disaster, or on a humanitarian response.

I am not naive enough to think that this won't also be an opportunity to also take notice of techniques and equipment, as well as general intelligence that could be put to use should the tables turn, and participant nations find themselves having to work against one another in the future.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
Oh yeah. Various countries have their own strengths and unique techniques to handle situations. Every terrain is different. While most of the participating countries already carry out multiple annual military exercises, it is interesting to note that Japan is actually taking such exercises even more seriously now that its militarizing.

The Japanese are training with Mosad on surgical ops, with Indians on Intelligence gathering, and with the US on maritime warfare. They're going to be a force to reckon with soon the way I see it, and no one is going to create hurdles for them considering the China situation.

China is participating in the exercise because they played an important role during the Nepal earthquake and they have a strong military presence in a lot of African countries. So, the information they share is important for peacekeeping ops in Africa.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I have read somewhere that India is conducting a naval drill with Iran, please keep us updated. I happy to see such cooperation as it exposes the true face of the Iranians to the Pakistanis who are sucking up to them.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Just reading the title of this thread gives me satisfaction and peace of mind. Isn't it nice to see a military exercise participated in the US, Russia, China and Japan? Maybe they can include Philippines and Vietnam to complete the casting in the South China sea issue. An activity like that is similar to a team-building activity where the participants foster camaraderie and brotherhood. At least the thought of war is forgotten even if only temporarily.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
It is good to see that there can be some level of cooperation amongst these countries. It would be nice if cooperation could always replace hostilities, this would make the world such a much better place. However, I guess that would be wishful thinking. Because they will be getting back to as they were before; the same old "no peace beyond the line" situation.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
I have read somewhere that India is conducting a naval drill with Iran, please keep us updated. I happy to see such cooperation as it exposes the true face of the Iranians to the Pakistanis who are sucking up to them.

Well India sees the regions of "Ancient Persia" and Arabia as one big friendly chunk. And Iran, Iraq, Yemen,UAE and Saudi Arabia see us as "Hind" - one big friendly chunk. So, we don't really involve ourselves in regional tussles because historically for thousands of year we have had great trade relations with all of these countries. The same way we've had trade relations with the Greeks and Italians.

While we see the whole ME as one big friendly region, Pak sees it through the eyes of Shia, Sunni, and other factors. They want to associate themselves with Iran, but Iran wants no part of it. They wanted to associate themselves with Saudi Arabia, but they wanted no part of it. In fact, relation soured further when SA sent a Paki "intellectual" to jail when he landed in SA because he had criticized SA online.

Extensive discussions happen on Pakistani tv channels on "why" the middle east is friendly to India. India has a friendly military presence in SA and is going through a naval exercise with Iran as you said. And UAE has really pushed for closer relations. This frustrates our Paki brothers. I really wish they'd understand that no one gets involved in another family's feud.

I don't know if you can understand this, but here is a discussion on a Paki channel along those lines:

Last edited:

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
This fosters international cooperation. It will also enhance military coordination in international peacekeeping operations due to the standardization of techniques and better alignment along the lines of weapons used. But the sad thing is that the current flashpoint of Syria remains unattended despite the massive firepower displayed in such operations.