My taxes go where? How countries spend your money

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
My taxes go where? How countries spend your money

Each year, like clockwork, the dreaded taxman cometh and taketh. But where, exactly, do your taxes go?

Which countries spend more on security than education? And which nation allocates a larger proportion of its gross domestic product to environmental protection than any other EU-28 country? BBC Capital, together with IIB Studio, took a close look at tax spending amongst 10 countries and some surprises emerged. Scroll down to see how these 10 governments spend your tax dollars.

daily-bread.jpg

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Im just wondering what kind of help Israel is talking about? Or its the usual western media trying to deceive public by painting Israel as a peace loving and caring while its a blood sucker, child murderer and apartheid state built illegitimately on an occupied territory.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
So out of all these countries the US spends the least on helping others. This is not surprising considering the number of homeless people on the streets in the US. Countries like Germany and the UK spend a lot of money on social services. Defense is one of America's top priority while the welfare of citizens is not so much.

goldenmaine

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I guess every country has its own priorities and allocation of tax budget. If it were me running a nation, I would shell out more in social services and education because presently we are in peaceful times. Attacks and wars are only stemming up because of countries wanting to monopolize certain countries and areas for natural resources like oil, gold, and others. If countries aren't that much power hungry then there would be no problems. It is better to invest more in these departments than fueling war more.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
Well from where I am from In New Zealand the tax goes towards paying the wages and, also pensions for people who need it and for families and individuals who need the financial support. Quite a lot goes towards education and also, health and essentials which is good and also some goes towards the security and the defense of the country which is good to see. I think the tax in my country is used right and goes to the areas which need it more than ones which don't need it as that much.