Myanmar receives 6 JF-17/FC-1 | World Defense

Myanmar receives 6 JF-17/FC-1

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
according to Chinese media sources (even though i haven't found sources myself) Myanmar recently received 6 JF-17's from China. The original JF-17 deal was for PAC to construct the Burmese JF-17 airframes with China to install the Engines, Radar, ejection seat and munitions
because of the sensitivity issue with the Rohingyan crisis, the JF-17 was stalled for a short period, but resumed after mentioning they will only use JF-17s to target Kachin opposition forces in the North.
according to some other reports, Myanmar ordered 16 JF-17/FC-1s as the first order, with a total plan of 50 acquired in the upcoming future. some also say Myanmar is pushing hard for CAC to promote a JF-17/FC-1 production line and maintenance facility in Myanmar.

(I will continue to look for the sources don't worry everyone)
JF-17.jpg

Zhengzhou

Reactions
338 5 0
Country
China
@Bundeswehr I can confirm the potential production agreement that has been in talks since 2016 with Myanmar

https://quwa.org/2017/02/01/myanmar-reportedly-talks-license-produce-jf-17/
Myanmar acquiring production on the JF-17M itself is a bit of down play though in reality, because the only aircraft they even assembled was some K-8s but very few in number. them manufacturing a plane such as the JF-17 would cost them incredible amounts of cash, time and resources which they don't really have
Myanmar is also deploying the JF-17Ms mostly to target the Kachin, Wa state opposition forces and the PAC corporation more or less made it look like a Chinese deal, even though they had a production on the frames itself.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
@Bundeswehr I can confirm the potential production agreement that has been in talks since 2016 with Myanmar

https://quwa.org/2017/02/01/myanmar-reportedly-talks-license-produce-jf-17/
Myanmar acquiring production on the JF-17M itself is a bit of down play though in reality, because the only aircraft they even assembled was some K-8s but very few in number. them manufacturing a plane such as the JF-17 would cost them incredible amounts of cash, time and resources which they don't really have
Myanmar is also deploying the JF-17Ms mostly to target the Kachin, Wa state opposition forces and the PAC corporation more or less made it look like a Chinese deal, even though they had a production on the frames itself.

understandable, but my point of my view if i can share is this:
Myanmar is a very strategic location considering it links Southeast Asia, East Asia and South Asia which makes them vital for both of Asia's powers (China and India)
I do not see China lagging behind India in terms of any reason whether it be economic or militarily. them acquiring production on the JF-17M would for surely bolster any future and potential deals the Chinese, Burmese may in consideration
what can India do, aside from some economic pacts signed with Myanmar?
it may seem a bit off of course, however what I'm stating is Myanmar is of strategic importance to China and helping Myanmar develop military industry and economically, would win China's role in that economic trade corridor

Tps77

Reactions
330 12 0
Country
Pakistan
according to Chinese media sources (even though i haven't found sources myself) Myanmar recently received 6 JF-17's from China. The original JF-17 deal was for PAC to construct the Burmese JF-17 airframes with China to install the Engines, Radar, ejection seat and munitions
because of the sensitivity issue with the Rohingyan crisis, the JF-17 was stalled for a short period, but resumed after mentioning they will only use JF-17s to target Kachin opposition forces in the North.
according to some other reports, Myanmar ordered 16 JF-17/FC-1s as the first order, with a total plan of 50 acquired in the upcoming future. some also say Myanmar is pushing hard for CAC to promote a JF-17/FC-1 production line and maintenance facility in Myanmar.

(I will continue to look for the sources don't worry everyone)
View attachment 6450
Next is Nigerian AF delivery starting in 2019.