N. Korea's cuku clock | World Defense

N. Korea's cuku clock

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ff588106-3cb1-11e5-8613-07d16aad2152.html#axzz3iI3127BT

"High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ff588106-3cb1-11e5-8613-07d16aad2152.html#ixzz3iI5LFgPI
Having spent nearly seven decades refining its unique account of north-east Asian history, North Korea will next week go one step further by carving out its own timezone.

The change — timed to mark the 70th anniversary of Korea’s liberation from Japanese rule — will reverse Japan’s 1912 decision to move the colony’s clocks forward by 30 minutes to bring it in line with Tokyo time..."

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
We already have a thread about this silly move of North Korea. But anyway, I really wonder why petty matters should matter to government officials. Aren't they supposed to be handling the affairs of the country giving priority to finances and social needs than historical trivia? Or maybe I should say historical trivial.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
We already have a thread about this silly move of North Korea. But anyway, I really wonder why petty matters should matter to government officials. Aren't they supposed to be handling the affairs of the country giving priority to finances and social needs than historical trivia? Or maybe I should say historical trivial.
I didn't see the other post. Sorry.

Once Kim grows up he'll focus on more important matters.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
In my opinion it is just more grand standing by Kim Jung Yun. Of course they would have to be different and have clocks that are different than everyone else. It is just more "look at us" we are different and march to the beat of our own drummer. It is one of the things that they know they can do to get world attention.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
@LilAnn ......You better be careful. Kim might actually threaten you with nuclear weapons since you created this thread. He threatens everyone, so we don't want to be left out.

This is a serous misuse of a waste of time and manpower. Who cares? Move on to more pressing issues like feeding your people.
They'll move on... they have balloons to pop now. lol

eveliner

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
You all are talking about other priorities that need to be handled in that country, as if Kim had any... all Kim does all day is to eat and laugh at his people. The big job to maintain the country remains to the generals of the country. It's already in a very dire situation now as they don't have that much support from China and Russia anymore. Though that doesn't prevent Kim from showing off his limousine(s) all around Asia.

heavyinfantry

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Italy
This is the childish new I ever read.. this dictator should be really warned that this is not a game.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Its horrible and mind boggling when you see someone manage to break someone else's spirit. I have never understood how they can make someone put up with it until it gets to the point that they bend over and take it willingly. Maybe even force out an insincere "thank you" afterwards.

But how do you break the spirit of an entire country?