National Guard Address Congress About Cuts To Budget | World Defense

National Guard Address Congress About Cuts To Budget

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
With the new budget cuts, the National Guard feels that the sequestration will have a negative impact. The cuts will hamper their ability to do their jobs at a time when the nation needs them most. I think they are right. With the amount of terrorist cells in our country alone and the recent riot, the National Guard is important to the safety and security of the nations people.

Unable to embed the video. Here is a link to the DoD website where the video on this story is located.

National Guard And Reserve Leaders Testify Before Congress

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
This is just ridiculous! Of all the frivolous crap that could be cut from the American taxpayer's budget, we cut defense spending! I don't understand why Congress and the Administration thinks it's somehow ok to tax, tax tax and spend our money, without our approval, when their ONLY legitimate job is defending this country!

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
This is just ridiculous! Of all the frivolous crap that could be cut from the American taxpayer's budget, we cut defense spending! I don't understand why Congress and the Administration thinks it's somehow ok to tax, tax tax and spend our money, without our approval, when their ONLY legitimate job is defending this country!

I'm going to be honest with you Grey, when it regards politics, you and I see things very differently. What you just said in this post is probably the truest statement I have seen on this entire forum.
Defending and protecting the people really are the only rel jobs they have. People lose sight of that, though. They start believing its the government's job to rule every aspect of our lives and to control everything we do. They ( politicians, mostly) seem to think that we are here for them rather than grasping the reality that the only reason we even have a government is so they can be here for us.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I'm going to be honest with you Grey, when it regards politics, you and I see things very differently. What you just said in this post is probably the truest statement I have seen on this entire forum.
Defending and protecting the people really are the only rel jobs they have. People lose sight of that, though. They start believing its the government's job to rule every aspect of our lives and to control everything we do. They ( politicians, mostly) seem to think that we are here for them rather than grasping the reality that the only reason we even have a government is so they can be here for us.
I would imagine that you are in the majority when it comes to seeing things differently from me. œ∑¥ I just want the government to stay out of my business. I don't pay them to be my nanny, and tell me what to smoke or eat, or to decide what needs to be done with my money. We pay them to defend us. That's why I am a Libertarian.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I would imagine that you are in the majority when it comes to seeing things differently from me. œ∑¥ I just want the government to stay out of my business. I don't pay them to be my nanny, and tell me what to smoke or eat, or to decide what needs to be done with my money. We pay them to defend us. That's why I am a Libertarian.
My views are just slightly more to the right, but not by much. I agree with everything you said there. All of it. But I believe the government is obligated to, not only protect us, but to help us when we can't afford food or shelter. Their sole purpose is to take care of the people... All the people... Not just the billionaires. They sure as hell don't have the right to interfere in my life like they do.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
My views are just slightly more to the right, but not by much. I agree with everything you said there. All of it. But I believe the government is obligated to, not only protect us, but to help us when we can't afford food or shelter. Their sole purpose is to take care of the people... All the people... Not just the billionaires. They sure as hell don't have the right to interfere in my life like they do.
Oh yes I do agree that any civilized society should always have a safety net in place for troubled times. There are people who work with me, who sleep in their cars, because they don't meet the guidelines for help. I think that's pathetic.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Oh yes I do agree that any civilized society should always have a safety net in place for troubled times. There are people who work with me, who sleep in their cars, because they don't meet the guidelines for help. I think that's pathetic.
It's horrible... I've had to live in my car for a little while, and I never want to do that again. It was a small compact car, too. But, just like what you said, I made too much money to qualify for any kind of help. Fortunately, that only lasted a few days before someone loaned me the money to get an apartment.

adfnio

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
There are a lot of things that are on the budget that can be cut or curved to finance the National Guard. The priorities of our politicians are not in the right place. First and foremost they are concerned with the lobbyist and big business that paid for their campaign that got them in office in the first place, then as a cover they will give the people, the citizen of the United States a small bone to chew on until we start griping again. They got into office because of money provided to them and as payback they have to "play ball" and make sure these companies and entities get these huge government contracts.

This is true Josh. The presidental candidates of the last presidential electrion both spent and equal amount of 1 billion dollars. Weird how it comes out the same. I believe that senators and in congress they also spent 1 billion dollars.

These people were bought and paid for before they got elected and promises or favors were made. Now if you had 2 billion dollars and wanted the next president working on your behalf, wouldn't you just give a billion to each candidate and cover both ends of the stick? I would.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I have some irony to share with y'all!

Do you know the electoral college was put in place? So honest, wealthy, educated men could save us if the popular vote would result in tyranny.

That's right, its so we would be protected from a tyrant.

So here is the irony: the popular vote was overruled to put a tyrant in office! Not to mention pretty much every politician, anymore, is the tyrant we were warned about.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Not cool. The national guard is needed. I don't always agree with everything they have been called to do, but they are very important. The national guard is supposed to be here specifically to protect us from threats on our own soil. We are likely to face plenty more of those, so these men and women need their training to be high quality and frequent enough that they can be prepared.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Not cool. The national guard is needed. I don't always agree with everything they have been called to do, but they are very important. The national guard is supposed to be here specifically to protect us from threats on our own soil. We are likely to face plenty more of those, so these men and women need their training to be high quality and frequent enough that they can be prepared.
They really are cutting funding in all the wrong places. The politicians would rather watch our country to to hell rather than take a pay cut, or close the senate swimming pool, or whatever other frivolous expense

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
The politicians forget they are there because the people voted for them and, cutting budget will effect the security of the country as not being paid well will maybe cause rebellion or protests as well. I reckon that, there should be more funding and the politicians would pay for the security as they are getting paid a lot of money and could use some of the money to pay for the people who protect the nation. I reckon that, the politicians believe they can do what they want and also not face any trouble as well which will be interesting to see what happens now due to budget cuts for the security.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
When you hear of the cuts that are being put in place, it does make you wonder how in tune the politicians are with the people on the street.

Do they actually still care what goes on with the country? Did they ever care in the first place?