Never-before-seen pictures inside the White House during 9/11 released | World Defense

Never-before-seen pictures inside the White House during 9/11 released

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
e3c15561-0046-4c91-9dea-205b7f2c8061_16x9_600x338.jpg

President George Bush is pictured with Vice President Dick Cheney and senior staff in the President's Emergency Operations Center in Washington in the hours following the September 11, 2001 attacks. (Reuters)

Text size A A A
By Staff writer | Al Arabiya News
Saturday, 25 July 2015
Photos taken in the White House during the aftermath of the attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11 have been released by the National Archives following a Freedom of Information Act request made by FRONTLINE filmmaker Colette Neirouz Hanna.

U.S. President George Bush (R) is pictured with Vice President Dick Cheney (L) and senior staff in the President's Emergency Operations Center in Washington in the hours following the September 11, 2001 attacks in this U.S. National Archives handout photo obtained by Reuters July 24, 2015.

According to the Daily Mail, the newly-released images of former President George Bush and then-Vice President Dick Cheney, as well as other officials' reactions to 9/11, were captured by Cheny's staff photographer.

U.S. President George Bush (R) is pictured with Vice President Dick Cheney (2nd R) and senior staff in the President's Emergency Operations Center in Washington in the hours following the September 11, 2001 attacks in this U.S. National Archives handout photo obtained by Reuters July 24, 2015.

The never-before-seen images captured Cheney's reaction to the attacks, which saw two hijacked passenger planes crash into the World Trade Center in New York, another jet strike the Pentagon and a fourth crash in Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001, killing 2,996 people.

U.S. President George Bush (L) is pictured with U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney and National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice (R) in the President's Emergency Operations Center in Washington in the hours following the September 11, 2001 attacks in this U.S National Archives handout photo obtained by Reuters July 24, 2015.

They also show the crisis talks held by other senior government officials, including Bush, his wife Laura, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, CIA Director George Tenet, Cheney's top lawyer, David Addington, and Chief of Staff Andrew Card.

Then-Vice President Dick Cheney rests his feet on his desk as he watches a live TV news report of the 9/11 attacks on the morning of September 11, 2001.(Flickr/U.S. National Archives)

Last Update: Saturday, 25 July 2015 KSA 10:08 - GMT 07:08
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/media/print/2015/07/25/Never-before-seen-pictures-inside-the-White-House-during-9-11-released-.html

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I saw these a little earlier on this morning.

They really do put forth the severity and devastation of the situation, especially the one with Powell with his head in his hand.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
@Susimi I had the opposite reaction. What I saw when I looked was: they don't look panicked at all. Not a single tear. Dick even had his foot up on the desk, kicked back, calm. They looked like they were discussing something as important as their lunch menu.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
e3c15561-0046-4c91-9dea-205b7f2c8061_16x9_600x338.jpg

President George Bush is pictured with Vice President Dick Cheney and senior staff in the President's Emergency Operations Center in Washington in the hours following the September 11, 2001 attacks. (Reuters)

Text size A A A
By Staff writer | Al Arabiya News
Saturday, 25 July 2015
Photos taken in the White House during the aftermath of the attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11 have been released by the National Archives following a Freedom of Information Act request made by FRONTLINE filmmaker Colette Neirouz Hanna.

U.S. President George Bush (R) is pictured with Vice President Dick Cheney (L) and senior staff in the President's Emergency Operations Center in Washington in the hours following the September 11, 2001 attacks in this U.S. National Archives handout photo obtained by Reuters July 24, 2015.

According to the Daily Mail, the newly-released images of former President George Bush and then-Vice President Dick Cheney, as well as other officials' reactions to 9/11, were captured by Cheny's staff photographer.

U.S. President George Bush (R) is pictured with Vice President Dick Cheney (2nd R) and senior staff in the President's Emergency Operations Center in Washington in the hours following the September 11, 2001 attacks in this U.S. National Archives handout photo obtained by Reuters July 24, 2015.

The never-before-seen images captured Cheney's reaction to the attacks, which saw two hijacked passenger planes crash into the World Trade Center in New York, another jet strike the Pentagon and a fourth crash in Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001, killing 2,996 people.

U.S. President George Bush (L) is pictured with U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney and National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice (R) in the President's Emergency Operations Center in Washington in the hours following the September 11, 2001 attacks in this U.S National Archives handout photo obtained by Reuters July 24, 2015.

They also show the crisis talks held by other senior government officials, including Bush, his wife Laura, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, CIA Director George Tenet, Cheney's top lawyer, David Addington, and Chief of Staff Andrew Card.

Then-Vice President Dick Cheney rests his feet on his desk as he watches a live TV news report of the 9/11 attacks on the morning of September 11, 2001.(Flickr/U.S. National Archives)

Last Update: Saturday, 25 July 2015 KSA 10:08 - GMT 07:08
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/media/print/2015/07/25/Never-before-seen-pictures-inside-the-White-House-during-9-11-released-.html

It's the first time I see Rice angry ! (:-)

66666.JPG

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I was pretty surprised by the pic of Cheney with his feet up too! I can remember watching the reports and being sat bolt upright on the edge of my seat and I'm in a different country so it's hard to understand how he can seem so casual.

The body language shown in other pics is interesting too and my imagination is working overtime imagining what everyone must have been saying to each other.

GeeCee

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Oh, why do threads like this start? They just get me riled up, and make me go to places that I don't want to. So, for the sake of peace in the forum, and not getting flamed, I'm not going to say a thing. Not a thing. COUGH