new tankers in south africa | World Defense

new tankers in south africa

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
new tankers for land warfare have been bought by south African military to protect us but they have bought so many and is it necessary in a country that is not at war with anyone? I feel it strange that almost each country has recently bought the same tankers almost as if each government got together with the lords of war in a big arms deal across the world

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
What tankers are u talking about? You mean tanks? Why is it strange every country on the face of the earth is on spree. Post some pics and details of the unknown thing that you are talking about. Being in a defence forum yet you have zero knowledge of military hardwares. No offence!

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
What tankers are u talking about? You mean tanks? Why is it strange every country on the face of the earth is on spree. Post some pics and details of the unknown thing that you are talking about. Being in a defence forum yet you have zero knowledge of military hardwares. No offence!

I guess he means tanks. Pardon his English.

There are countries with accord on military spendings. Maybe South Africa has been granted a loan of which amount will be used for the purchase of such military tanks. In those kind of arrangement, the creditor would not hand the money to the borrower but to the seller of the goods, that is one way of eliminating corruption in the arms deal.

I don't think it is a bad idea for a country not in war to have tanks. It is part of their defense system.

ipm_zipedia

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
USA
new tankers for land warfare have been bought by south African military to protect us but they have bought so many and is it necessary in a country that is not at war with anyone? I feel it strange that almost each country has recently bought the same tankers almost as if each government got together with the lords of war in a big arms deal across the world
The more arms are sold and expenditures made, the more the economy benefits from it and the more defense capabilities a country will have. I don't think being worried about a few hundred tanks in a warehouse is necessary.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
Tanks sorry we call them tankers here but just realised that Americans call tankers trucks. Yes we have a new fleet of these and we have no funds for pilots to fly planes in the military.... by the way Scorpion I served my country!

Attachments

• images5Q6TCFOT.jpg
    images5Q6TCFOT.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 118

SirJoe

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Portugal
Tanks sorry we call them tankers here but just realised that Americans call tankers trucks. Yes we have a new fleet of these and we have no funds for pilots to fly planes in the military.... by the way Scorpion I served my country!
It must have been some sort of an agreement. I don't see South Africa needing tanks in the near future, unless they are thinking of invading Zimbabwe, but if that was the case, three would be enough. lol

fcuco

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
South Africa has the Olifant tank, based on the good old British centurion tank, they saw some action during the Angolan Civil War, against T-62s and even some T-34/85s.

No offense but your country is located in one of the most, if not the most, war torn continents of earth, for your country to have some form of land defense is crucial.