New Zealand in Pictures | World Defense

New Zealand in Pictures

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Following on from the great idea of those for their home country. I will do one for New Zealand AKA Middle Earth:

Lets start at the top, Cape Reinga Lighthouse:
Cape%20Reinga%20Lighthouse%20(Medium).JPG

About 2hours drive south and a short ferry ride around to the Bay of Islands:
d-54B0D67C-1A4B-7C6E-9A5C9842E055907A-3747524.jpg

Without forgetting Auckland, our really only true city:
Mt-Eden-19029-lge.jpg

Back to the beach, Tauranga and the Bay of Plenty:
tauranga.jpeg

Rotorua, the town that may blow up any minute:
Thermal%20activity%20n%20Rotorua.jpg

Lake Taupo, this has already blown up:
Lake-Taupo-2.png

South of Taupo, The Tongariro National Park and Crossing:
tongariro-crossing-tours.jpg

To the South Island, Mt Cook:
8145_Mt_Cook_Tasman_River_New_Zealand.jpg

Queenstown:
queenstown.jpg

The Fiordlands National park:
Fiordland-National-Park-Green-Vocation.jpg

And Christchurch, the city rebuilt following a series of earthquakes in 2011. Here is a shopping mall creatively built using shipping containers:
20130222-092932.Full.jpg

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Your country looks absolutely beautiful! I love what they have done in Christchurch with the shipping containers and the Bay of Islands looks amazing. Thanks for sharing :)

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Snap! New Zealand is looking good! Is this also the country where I can see the Aurora? Such a beautiful country! I want to pack my bags and enjoy a lovely vacation like right now from all these pictures!

diprod

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
So this is what Middle Earth looks like! :D Absolutely gorgeous! I would love to be there one day and experience its awesomeness. It looks so clean too. Sigh...

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Snap! New Zealand is looking good! Is this also the country where I can see the Aurora? Such a beautiful country! I want to pack my bags and enjoy a lovely vacation like right now from all these pictures!

Yes the Southern Lights you can see if you visit the South Island. I'm not sure exactly where is the best spot, but naturally the further south you go the better your chances :)
71.jpg

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Awesome pictures! Really liked the picture of Auckland and Queenstown.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
Beautiful photos! There's always mind-blowing new pictures of New Zealand popping up on the internet and I'm sure the photos don't do it true justice. I really have to visit sometime! What are the best places to hit up in NZ?

d4rk3n

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
India
Those Southern lights! O.O
They are absolutely beautiful.
If I remember correct, Lord Of The Rings was shot in NZ.

brightangel10

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Your pictures of New Zealand are simply gorgeous and I'm enjoying looking at them. I like the Cape Reinga Lighthouse and the incredible views around it. Bay of Islands looks lovely too and the ferry ride seems like a lot of fun and I would go on it if I was there on a nice vacation. All the photos here are awesome and thanks for posting them for everyone to see.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Beautiful photos! There's always mind-blowing new pictures of New Zealand popping up on the internet and I'm sure the photos don't do it true justice. I really have to visit sometime! What are the best places to hit up in NZ?
Theres really so many! If you had to go to only one place I would choose Queenstown in the Winter and Bay of Islands in the summer. At these places there is just so much happening during this time.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Theres really so many! If you had to go to only one place I would choose Queenstown in the Winter and Bay of Islands in the summer. At these places there is just so much happening during this time.

This made me more excited! Can you also recommend a place in New Zealand, where I could safely surf? And how is the water there? Like the temperature? Is it tolerable or freezing?

MarkM34

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
One of those places that I'll probably never see,so appreciate these pictures. It looks quite stunning. I must have to add it to the bucket list if I can manage it.

Stims

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
That lighthouse looks incredible! Another of the countries i really want to visit, perhaps when i visit Aus i could make a trip over there; some of the best landscapes in the world it seems.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada

Thanks for the reply, kittyworker. I'll definitely have to add those places to my bucket list. If only air travel could be a lot cheaper and more comfortable!