Next Generation MiG-35 | World Defense

Next Generation MiG-35

kevin341

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
The MiG-35 is currently undergoing flight tests. The fighter jet is expected to enter into service by 2020 and replace previous generation jets in the Russian Aerospace Forces.
Looks pretty good. what's going on in 0.43? it didn't make sense.

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
5th Gen MiG will be used by us, but of course it was primarily made for export.
at 0.43 that was during recent weapon testing to enter our service.
basically the MiG-35 is a hoping chance of keeping MiG in business. that's why they are so eager to develop a 5th generation right now + MiG-35.
from what I understand is the MiG-35 is being heavily eyed by Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, Iraq, Algeria, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and Belarus for purchasing, but the only country that comes up with interest in the 5th gen MiG is the UAE.

kevin341

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
5th Gen MiG will be used by us, but of course it was primarily made for export.
at 0.43 that was during recent weapon testing to enter our service.
basically the MiG-35 is a hoping chance of keeping MiG in business. that's why they are so eager to develop a 5th generation right now + MiG-35.
from what I understand is the MiG-35 is being heavily eyed by Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, Iraq, Algeria, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and Belarus for purchasing, but the only country that comes up with interest in the 5th gen MiG is the UAE.
Thanks for reply Zaslon. There are those who say there is no 5th generation. 4++ is said to be.

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
Thanks for reply Zaslon. There are those who say there is no 5th generation. 4++ is said to be.
there is talks that we are bringing back the LMFS and it is currently under development, we will wait and see though. those who say we can't develop a 5th generation are more or less fanboys.

for instance, take the joint FGFA program (export variant of the Su-57). we put billions into development + a lot of time for the R&D, while India only spent a couple hundred million and did not really help in the research. but turn around and convince everyone we screwed them, when in reality we did not.

Smerch

Reactions
285 1 0
Country
Belarus
there is talks that we are bringing back the LMFS and it is currently under development, we will wait and see though. those who say we can't develop a 5th generation are more or less fanboys.

for instance, take the joint FGFA program (export variant of the Su-57). we put billions into development + a lot of time for the R&D, while India only spent a couple hundred million and did not really help in the research. but turn around and convince everyone we screwed them, when in reality we did not.
is the FGFA still under development or was it fully canceled because of the Indian party?

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
is the FGFA still under development or was it fully canceled because of the Indian party?
still being developed, but the Indians probably will not acquire due to the fact of their leaving and actually started focusing on their own program the AMCA by HAL
which is itself funny because HAL wants UAC/Sukhoi to help in the development of the AMCA.

kevin341

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA

I have read the news that Turkey is interested in SU-57.but I don't think they could have. they're already on F-35 project.
if Turkey had been joint in this SU-57 program from the beginning they'il have it now.

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
I have read the news that Turkey is interested in SU-57.but I don't think they could have. they're already on F-35 project.
if Turkey had been joint in this SU-57 program from the beginning they'il have it now.
Turkey only drew in the Su-57 interest because of the US block of the F-35s, which would of hit the US because Turkey put money towards the F-35, and the US would have to hand Turkey back the amount they spent.
but Turkey acquiring Su-57s would be ignorant, setting aside they have the F-35 in the works, they want to focus on the TF-X 5th generation program and Turkey never flew Russian aircraft (excluding the Mi-17s).

kevin341

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Turkey only drew in the Su-57 interest because of the US block of the F-35s, which would of hit the US because Turkey put money towards the F-35, and the US would have to hand Turkey back the amount they spent.
but Turkey acquiring Su-57s would be ignorant, setting aside they have the F-35 in the works, they want to focus on the TF-X 5th generation program and Turkey never flew Russian aircraft (excluding the Mi-17s).

TF-X Project looks like a so hard. Why? Because, they are trying to develop now ''Altay'' tank. It has not been able to make mass production since 2013. Therefore, TF-X it looks very diffucult.

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
TF-X Project looks like a so hard. Why? Because, they are trying to develop now ''Altay'' tank. It has not been able to make mass production since 2013. Therefore, TF-X it looks very diffucult.
they tried carrying the TF-X program on by themselves for a while which ended up being a complete waste. the design they are using is from Sweden's SAAB "Flysystem 2020" 5th generation program/project. They also went to BAE to help jointly build the first prototype of the aircraft by 2023, as well as teaming up with Rolls-Royce to acquire engines.
During ADEX-2018 in Baku, Azerbaijan the Azeris signed a major contract with TAI for newer aircraft and in the deal it included the TFX which the Azeris are spending who knows how much on the system.
as for the Altay their main problem wasn't the tank itself, it was the engine, they wanted a domestic engine to power so they can export the tank without any problem. now their Altay program is on track because they purchased the Ukrainian 6TD 1500HP engine which BMC is using the technology from to develop their own engine.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
they tried carrying the TF-X program on by themselves for a while which ended up being a complete waste. the design they are using is from Sweden's SAAB "Flysystem 2020" 5th generation program/project. They also went to BAE to help jointly build the first prototype of the aircraft by 2023, as well as teaming up with Rolls-Royce to acquire engines.
During ADEX-2018 in Baku, Azerbaijan the Azeris signed a major contract with TAI for newer aircraft and in the deal it included the TFX which the Azeris are spending who knows how much on the system.
as for the Altay their main problem wasn't the tank itself, it was the engine, they wanted a domestic engine to power so they can export the tank without any problem. now their Altay program is on track because they purchased the Ukrainian 6TD 1500HP engine which BMC is using the technology from to develop their own engine.

So technically Turkey is hanged by the balls and still rely of many countries for the hardwares it makes? from air to sea to land platforms.

kevin341

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA

TF-X program on by themselves for a while which ended up being a complete waste.'' Definetly i agree you Zaslon. Flysystem 2020" 5th generation program for the first time that I'm learning. design too close...

if they can, they will prevail?
in what way will the plane be superior?

UH1 helicopter crashes in Istanbul today. Two months ago, same model UH-1 Crashed again Istanbul. yeah, heli is too old but
I have my doubts for crash..

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
So technically Turkey is hanged by the balls and still rely of many countries for the hardwares it makes? from air to sea to land platforms.
Turkey only got to the level of industrial basis due to foreign help of Germany, US and South Korea through a lot of license production and Technology Transfers and just a few months ago, Turkey was having some issues acquiring/handling their own projects. take the TF-2000 for instance, that been planned for since 2007, and has not yet been approved however the Turks are eyeing the Spanish F100 Class frigates to fit this long waited project. (I'm not insulting Turkey/making fun of them etc. but literally they are having their own troubles they are not reporting on)

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
TF-X program on by themselves for a while which ended up being a complete waste.'' Definetly i agree you Zaslon. Flysystem 2020" 5th generation program for the first time that I'm learning. design too close...

if they can, they will prevail?
in what way will the plane be superior?

UH1 helicopter crashes in Istanbul today. Two months ago, same model UH-1 Crashed again Istanbul. yeah, heli is too old but
I have my doubts for crash..
tbh I am not completely familiar with the TF-X project, however I do know they are working on making a "medium" class fighter jet (similar to F-16/F-15) based on the Hurjet which is to come out next year according to Turkey.
yes their UH-1s are pretty old, however they are phasing them out with T-70s (licensed built S-70s by TAI).

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India

Help in the research while being kept at arm's length? Things worked well in the BrahMos collaboration; it doesn't take much to deduce that it was Indian money that was wanted and encouraged, not Indian know-how.