NH90 Tactical Transport Helicopter | World Defense

NH90 Tactical Transport Helicopter

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
The NH90 Tactical Transport Helicopter (TTH) is a multi-role military transport helicopter manufactured by NHIndustries, a consortium owned by AgustaWestland (32%), Eurocopter (62.5%), and Stork Fokker (5.5%).

The helicopter can be deployed in wide range of missions such as troop transport, search and rescue (SAR), medical evacuation (MEDEVAC), casualty evacuation (CASEVAC), special operations including counter terrorism, electronic warfare, airborne command post, VIP transport and utility support including disaster relief. It can transport up to 20 fully equipped troops.

The NH90 helicopter programme is managed by the NAHEMA (Nato Helicopter Management Agency) and NHIndustries. NHIndustries also produces NFH, which is a naval version of the NH90.

Design of the tactical transport helicopter

The TTH incorporates a low-weight composite airframe. Its strengthened structure increases the fatigue life and can withstand corrosion and battlefield damage. The helicopter features a fully composite crash-worthy fuselage. The fuselage is provided with a rear ramp to enable the loading of a light tactical vehicle.

The composite rotor blades are designed to enhance damage tolerance and component life while delivering improved aerodynamic performance. The TTH version is specially configured to meet the requirements of utility based operations in all environments by day and night. The modular cabin design allows the operators to perform modifications according to their specific missions and roles.

The helicopter has a length of 19.56m (rotors turning), width of 4.62m and a height of 5.2m. It can transport up to 20 troops or more than 2,500kg of cargo.

Cockpit and avionics

The cockpit accommodates a pilot and a co-pilot. The full glass cockpit is equipped with an integrated avionic suite, advanced controls, a communication suite, and a navigation system. It is also equipped with multifunction displays.

The fly-by-wire controls with four-axis automatic flight control system reduce crew workload. Other mission systems include helmet mounted sight and display, forward looking infrared (FLIR) system, weather radar, digital map generator, and an on-board monitoring and diagnostic system.

Armament, self-protection and survivability of the NH90
The NH90 TTH is provided with a fully integrated weapon system, allowing the helicopter to operate in potential asymmetric threat environments. The helicopter is armed with a door mounted 7.62mm or 12.7mm pintle machine gun.

The helicopter offers a high degree of ballistic tolerance and survivability features, which are essential when flying in a combat environment. It is equipped with an advanced self protection suite including a laser warning sensor, radar warning receiver, missile launch detection system and chaff/flare dispensing system.

NH90 engines
"The NH90 TTH can fly at a maximum altitude of 6,000m."
The NH90 TTH is powered by two Rolls-Royce-Turbomeca RTM322 engines. The twin-shaft engine features a three-stage compressor driven by a two-stage gas generator turbine. Each engine generates a power output of 2,327shp. The operation is controlled by a Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) system.

Performance
The NH90 TTH can fly at a maximum altitude of 6,000m. The rate of climb of the helicopter is 8m/s. The maximum takeoff weight of the TTH is 10,600kg. The helicopter has a maximum speed of 300km/h and a range of 780km with internal fuel. It can fly for up to 4.45 hours on internal fuel.
-
Cockpit

QSsheqR.jpg

-
pyLPIr7.jpg

NQFsrbI.jpg

jLfeE9A.jpg

m5I4qLp.jpg

GGpCa02.jpg

LCQOsgV.jpg

1qZSNFN.jpg

JB9wALP.jpg

qTGws0j.jpg

DkrhRNs.jpg

DGwim65.jpg

ncnAaSh.jpg

6ME2T0m.jpg

@Legend @Scorpion @Rakan.SA @WebMaster @Gasoline See this sexy machine. <!?!>

Last edited:

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
It looks amazing indeed. Who are the countries operating this beauty? The second pic from bottom showing an Arabic word equivalent to the word ''Danger'' I bit Algeria does?huh.

Two external fuel tankers, 12.7mm machine gun. I rate it better than UH-60M.

Any LGM or Rocket?

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
It looks amazing indeed. Who are the countries operating this beauty? The second pic from bottom showing an Arabic word equivalent to the word ''Danger'' I bit Algeria does?huh.

Two external fuel tankers, 12.7mm machine gun. I rate it better than UH-60M.

Any LGM or Rocket?

NFH = Navy / TTH = Army

(I list the countries and their orders)

The Netherlands : 20 NFH
Belgium : 4 TTH and 4 NFH
Germany : 82 TTH and 18 NFH
France : 68 TTH and 27 NFH. (It seems that we could order another batch of 21 TTH,if it is true,it would be 89 TTH)
Italy : 70 TTH and 46 NFH
Spain : 23 TTH
Greece : 20 TTH
Norway : 14 NFH
Finland : 20 TTH
Sweden : 18 TTH
Australia : 46 TTH
New Zealand : 9 TTH

And... The Arab country is....

Oman : 20 TTH

;)

If i'm not wrong,Qatar wants to acquire 22 NH90 TTH
-
NH90 with 2 gun pods

vonxdvd.jpg

The NH90 can be fitted with rocket and gun pods

Last edited:

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
NFH = Navy / TTH = Army

(I list the countries and their orders)

The Netherlands : 20 NFH
Belgium : 4 TTH and 4 NFH
Germany : 82 TTH and 18 NFH
France : 68 TTH and 27 NFH. (It seems that we could order another batch of 21 TTH,if it is true,it would be 89 TTH)
Italy : 70 TTH and 46 NFH
Spain : 23 TTH
Greece : 20 TTH
Norway : 14 NFH
Finland : 20 TTH
Sweden : 18 TTH
Australia : 46 TTH
New Zealand : 9 TTH

And... The Arab country is....

Oman : 20 TTH

;)

If i'm not wrong,Qatar wants to acquire 22 NH90 TTH
-
NH90 with 2 gun pods

vonxdvd.jpg

The NH90 can be fitted with rocket and gun pods

Does it carry missiles? also be careful Oman has good relation with the Mullah. Some tech might be transferred and then reversed engineered and then booooom Iran unveils a spaceship.D:-D

Last edited:

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
Does it carry missiles? also be careful Oman has good relation with the Mullah. Some tech might be transfer and then reversed engineered and them booooom Iran unveils a spaceship.D:-D

The Naval version can carry 2 anti ships missiles or 2 Torpedos (MU-90).
It'll never happen. *-^

Last edited:

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
why didnt the lebanese army go for this ?

Lebanese army don't have air force .They've only 70 aircraft belongs to the 50s tech .Sadly, that army can't grow up as long as Hasan Zumeirah and his filthy militias present .

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Too expensive. (To make fly,maintenance etc. compared to a Cougar.)
yeah i thought so.
they will use them as attack helicopters one day against hezbullah. im willing to bet on it. lebanon is highjacked and unless hizbullah gets vaporized lebanon cant function as a state. war is inevitable in lebanon.

Waynefire

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Very cool looking helicopter! Looks great and it is definitely a great looking piece that looks like it could fly into any scenario.

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
Very cool looking helicopter! Looks great and it is definitely a great looking piece that looks like it could fly into any scenario.

Some of them are deployed in the Sahel,and the pilots have really good opinion about it.