Nice political cartoon | World Defense

Nice political cartoon

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
Singapore
Hey guys,

I found this cartoon while killing time on reddit and thought it was worth sharing. This picture indeed tells a thousand words and illustrates one problem that perhaps exists in every country: wealth inequality and the fact that not much is done about it.

wuerker0123_605.jpg

Source: Political Cartoons: ...Still not enough... - 8 of 12 - POLITICO.com

So what are your thoughts on this guys?

Laura Greenbrier

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
This is the second Gilded Age, to be sure. As an example, the family that owns Wal-Mart owns obscene amounts of money while denying their workers a living wage--the same workers that despite their employment, still require governmental financial assistance. Sloshing oceans of money surge over Washington D.C. as individual citizens despair at enforcing environmental regulations, preventing eminent domain used for private projects, or protecting wild spaces from exploitation. The problem is not just one of greed, however, but also overpopulation. I've seen so many wild spaces be degraded within my own lifetime due to the pressures not only of profit, as in the cartoon, but overpopulation.

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
Greed is going to be the downfall of humans. If only we were equipped with more sensibility than selfishness, there would be no room for poverty or wars. Imagine if at least half the people on earth could give up a dollar a year to invest on help and opportunities for everyone, we probably won't have all these problems plaguing the world today.

terryse

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Philippines
The gap between the rich and the poor exist because there are more poor countries than the affluent ones. I believe it is not due to the unequal distribution of wealth but the rich nations grow faster, economically, than the poor or the developing ones. However, the developing economy can catch up through free trade and economic liberalism.

dyanmarie25

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
Good reflection of what's currently happening now in the world. Sad reality though.

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
Nice cartoon indeed. We filipinos are among the people in the world who could prove that such thing exist. Just like in the cartoon majority of the wealth of our country are in the hands of the few elites.