Nigel Farage On Poking the Russian Bear and Expansionism | World Defense

Nigel Farage On Poking the Russian Bear and Expansionism

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
This caught my attention because everyone claims that it is the US who provoked this situation in the Ukraine, yet this EU politician Nigel Farage states that the EU's attempt at expansionism in the Ukraine was what provoked Russia into this. Maybe I am misunderstanding him, but he does give a very strong speech to the parliament on the issues at hand and I thought it would be interesting for you to see.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Once Russia lost an ally when Ukraine's president Yanukovych was ousted and the new administration began considering joining the EU and NATO, Russia was forced to do whatever it took to stop Ukraine from joining the European union. So far it's working.

It's those who had the former president ousted that should be blamed for what's happening in Ukraine.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Personally, I think we should stop with the blame game and focus on how to solve the problem. Who cares who started it or why it started. What matters is how do we end the senseless blood shed and find a peaceful solution to this conflict. Russia needs to back off and let the Ukraine decide for themselves what they want to do as an independent country. The UK and the US need to let them come to their own decision as to whether the Ukraine wishes to be part of the EU and Nato. It is their country and their right to decide these things for themselves.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Nigel Farage takes an extreme anti-EU stance and has pledged that Britain will leave the Union if he is to be elected as Prime Minister in May.

So it's no surprise he's blaming the EU for the situation in the Ukraine. He's clearly trying to influence the public opinion of EU membership and make us question whether it is a good thing. Farage's party, UKIP, are the only ones promising that the UK will leave the union so he's the only real choice if this is important to you.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
UKIP has been getting some bad press lately amid claims of racism in the party. Don't know if that would work in Farage's favor.

Personally, I think we should stop with the blame game and focus on how to solve the problem. Who cares who started it or why it started. What matters is how do we end the senseless blood shed and find a peaceful solution to this conflict. Russia needs to back off and let the Ukraine decide for themselves what they want to do as an independent country.

But will Russia listen to reason? They have this firm belief that should Ukraine join NATO then it would be easier for their enemies to invade them. They'll not let that happen even if it draws in many more nations into the conflict. In any case they've lost so much that I doubt they'll back out now.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
And all this boils down to the Ukraine wanting NATO membership. How stupid. How would it be easier for their enemies invade them? That makes no sense at all.