Nine Americans among terror suspects arrested in Saudi Arabia – report | World Defense

Nine Americans among terror suspects arrested in Saudi Arabia – report

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Nine Americans among terror suspects arrested in Saudi Arabia – report — RT USA

Nine US citizens have been arrested on terror charges in Saudi Arabia, local media report. The Americans were among a total of 33 terror suspects detained over the past week.

The arrests come following a string of attacks against Shia targets claimed by Sunni jihadists that have killed 50 people over the past year.

Among the suspects are 14 Saudi citizens, nine Americans, three Yemenis, two Syrians, a Filipino, an Indonesian, a citizen of Kazakhstan, a Palestinian, and a citizen of the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Gazette, an English-language daily, reported on Sunday, referencing an unnamed source.

Two US officials have told Reuters that Washington cannot immediately confirm that American citizens are among the 33 suspects. However, one of the officials said that US authorities are still checking the names against their databases.

Riyadh declared Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) a terrorist organization in 2014. In July of 2015 alone, Saudi Arabia announced the arrest of 431 suspected members of the terrorist group.

IS responded with a series of terror acts, performed mostly by suicide bombers. The latest attack took place last Friday, when a bombing and shooting attack on a Shia mosque in the al-Ahsa district of Eastern Province left at least four people dead and 18 injured.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Gee, that 431 arrested on suspicion of terrorism is a big number. And although, I suppose, that they are not all convicted yet, that's still a big threat to the peace in Saudi Arabia. It's sad that a Filipino is included in the suspected terrorists. On a brighter note, Saudi Arabia is Muslim country and it is only right that the cleansing comes from there. If the US would be doing the cleansing then it wouldn't look good to the eyes of Islamic nations.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
I wake up each day hoping terrorist threats will go away. There is to be no such luck, however. These threats have been significantly escalating as of late. I now refer to the words of Bob Marley "War in the East, War in the West, War up North, War down South War - war Rumours of war." The current situation creates the possibility of it coming to a location near to you very soon. This is so unfortunate. Presently, it doesn't seem that there is anything that can be done stop the perpetuation of War. From the beginning mankind has always and appetite for destroying themselves and the environment, and so it will be to the end.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
I hope none of them are sent to the Chop-Chop Square, but with Saudis you never know. Although, I doubt they'll send Americans to the gallows, however, the other suspects will really have a tough time.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I hope none of them are sent to the Chop-Chop Square, but with Saudis you never know. Although, I doubt they'll send Americans to the gallows, however, the other suspects will really have a tough time.

Nationality doesn't matter here. A terrorist is a terrorist regardless of faith, ethnicity, race etc. If they convicted they will be sentence to death.

Last edited:

UnslaadKrosis

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
India
I doubt the US government will just let 9 of its citizens get punished (even if they're terrorists). If history has anything to say, the US will negotiate with the Saudi Government to gain custody of its citizens, even if it means imposing sanctions or even military intervention.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
I doubt the US government will just let 9 of its citizens get punished (even if they're terrorists). If history has anything to say, the US will negotiate with the Saudi Government to gain custody of its citizens, even if it means imposing sanctions or even military intervention.
Yeah, exactly. They'll probably serve time in an American prison if the charges are proved.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA

I certainly doubt, the saudis don't compromise when it comes to their national security. They have executed two americans in the past with the same charge. Its a matter of judicial sovereignty. There are two Saudi imprisoned by the US so prisoners swap might be possible.

UnslaadKrosis

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
India
I certainly doubt, the saudis don't compromise when it comes to their national security. They have executed two americans in the past with the same charge. Its a matter of judicial sovereignty. There are two Saudi imprisoned by the US so prisoners swap might be possible.

That is also probable, and with the current state of events, I think that is what will occur. Because the US has this obsession with its citizens, (I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, just that it is there) and the country always has wanted full judicial autonomy to convict and try its citizens on their homeland soil.