None of Your Concern: China Slams US for Meddling in Asian Affairs | Page 2 | World Defense

None of Your Concern: China Slams US for Meddling in Asian Affairs

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
It would be interesting to see if China does something to initiate trade embargo with the United States. You know how much money China will lose if the US goes elsewhere for their goods? Or maybe the US might actually build things for themselves again.

US cant afford to disturb China as the later hold so much of US debt.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
China is quite a powerful country and has a hold on the USA as they have debts with China and the country could try and take over if wanted as it could use that as a reason. I reckon the USA should be careful with what it says to China since that is a powerful country and has investments as well and could withdraw if provoked enough. China has greater control and also power as it has money and spends it where it sees fit and has claims will have to see if the area gets the stability it needs to cope.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
China does not hold the US by her doo dads... it is Japan. If China goes head to head with the US they would lose. I am not saying they wont do some damage to us or cause financial issues, but they still could not go head to head with us.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
Dude, check your flaky arguments. It seems to me you still have a lot of rice grains to eat. Do you have a map? Can't you see how far China is from Spratly islands compared to the rest of Southeast Asia? Are you aware of the Principle of Effective Occupation or the term Inchoate Title? Vietnam, Philippines and Malaysia all have legitimate claims, proximity-wise and historically speaking. EEZ is 200 nmi from the shoreline, by the way. Go get a map and measure with a ruler. You don't need much.

Obviously, China's claim is born out of greed. You sure are aware of the territories it forcefully claimed, right? Macau, Hong Kong, Chinese Taipei... and who knows what else. I'm sorry but as an ASEAN citizen, I find your views so tinted with ignorance. Study IR first and you'll know which nation is nothing more but a greedy gremlin.

EEZ did NOT even exist until 1982. It said very clearly that all the islands with existing ownerships are not affected. It only applies to the islands nobody had ever claimed. China was the first one to claim these islands long before Philippines and Vietnam were even independent nations.

So what if it is farther from China?
What about Senkuka/Diaoyu islands? It is so much closer to China than it is to Japan. Why is the US backing Japan on this one?
Same goes for Falkland war. Why did the US back UK?

Stop the double standard. It is all about supporting whoever is in the US's camp. And oppose whoever the US has put on the enemy list regardless the circumstances.

The bottom line is, when Spain signed treaty to give Philippines to the US, it never included Spartly islands since it was outside its boundary. When the US let Philippines become independence, it never included Spartly islands on its map.

Your other arguments are totally BS.
Macau? Hong Kong? Taiwan?
Have you actually looked at the map? Macau and Hong Kong are both IN China. They were taken by European colonists at gunpoint, and now they have returned to China by the treaty. It's like if I grab your living room at gunpoint, then returned it to you 99 years later, but afterward I kept saying it is an example of YOUR land grabbing. How silly would that be????

Taiwan? Google Taiwan, and lets see what's the official name of Taiwan, as well as its history.
Taiwan's official name is Republic of China. Guess what? The regime (an US ally) on Taiwan used to rule all of China including Taiwan, but after they lost the civil war in 1949 to the communists, Taiwan became their final stronghold. Taiwan has always been a part of China until Japan illegally grabbed it during the First Sino-Japanese war in 1895, then returned it to Republic of China in 1945 when Japan was defeated in WWII.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
Modern USA should read its own constitution which basically states they should not get involved in other countries affairs. The reason why the American fathers put this clause in the constitution is because when they where part of Britain they kept on getting dragged into silly wars.

USA goes through cycles, personally I think USA will become isolationist again like it did after WW1, Americans are starting to get fedup of spending large amounts of tax payer money from little in return.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Until now, I am still awaiting the next episode to this issue. Is the US hesitant to face China head to head or is the US still trying to gauge the situation and waiting for its allies to show the true color? I was born and raised in American orientation so it is normal for me to side with the US. Besides, China is obviously bullying the small Asian countries like Philippines and Vietnam. I'm not thinking of a war, just want China to respect the rights of other Asian countries... with the help of the US.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
Besides, China is obviously bullying the small Asian countries like Philippines and Vietnam. I'm not thinking of a war, just want China to respect the rights of other Asian countries... with the help of the US.

If China is the bully, then why is Vietnam having 20+ islands/reefs in the area while China only has 7?
If China is the bully, then why is China using water cannons only, while Philippines fired live ammunition at Taiwanese fishing boat and killed Taiwanese fisherman??

What "rights"?
Philippines just kept expanding its "boundary" to include more and more islands which it never claimed previously. Is this the "rights" you want to protect? How about supporting Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan on their "rights" too?

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
I was born and raised in American orientation so it is normal for me to side with the US.

Blindly following warmongers' propaganda is not the same as "side with the US".
If you have the best (true) interest of the country in your heart, then you should not cheer for wars based on false propaganda.
It will only bring destruction and deaths with no one but a few to profit from it. You are certain not one of those who will profit from the situation.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Blindly following warmongers' propaganda is not the same as "side with the US".
If you have the best (true) interest of the country in your heart, then you should not cheer for wars based on false propaganda.
It will only bring destruction and deaths with no one but a few to profit from it. You are certain not one of those who will profit from the situation.

I agree that wars bring death and destruction but I also believe that war is business that it is sometimes needed to lessen the population to give a better life for the rest. And as with siding with the US, that doesn't make me a warmonger because that is a normal reaction for someone who grew up with the American people while the hate for Japanese was still in our hearts.