BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
North Korea conducts 'successful' hydrogen bomb test
6c772fed-dc9f-4148-898b-164cddbf9d9c_16x9_788x442.jpg

Wednesday, 6 January 2016

North Korea said Wednesday it had successfully carried out its first hydrogen bomb test, marking a major step forward in its nuclear development, if confirmed.

"The republic's first hydrogen bomb test has been successfully performed at 10:00 am on January 6, 2016, based on the strategic determination of the Workers' Party," a state television news reader announced.

(Developing)

Last Update: Wednesday, 6 January 2016 KSA 06:41 - GMT 03:41
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/world/2016/01/06/North-Korea-conducts-successful-hydrogen-bomb-test.html

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Scientists have dismissed N. Korea's claims that they detonated a Hydrogen bomb.

How Scientists Know the North Korea Blast Probably Wasn't an H-Bomb - Bloomberg Business
National security experts were quick to express doubt about North Korea's claim that it tested its first hydrogen bomb on Wednesday. This chart explains why: The seismic effects of the explosion are too similar to previous explosions, in 2013, 2009, and 2006, which were all confirmed as underground nuclear tests. A true hydrogen bomb would have caused a larger seismic reading.

An actual hydrogen bomb has a seismic signature similar to an atomic weapon's. But its explosive yield is in the much larger megaton range. It's more likely North Korea "turbo-charged" a normal atomic explosion by adding a small amount of tritium to the bomb's core rather than inventing a miniature hydrogen bomb from scratch.

Whether what the scientists say is true or not North Korea nuclear activities should worry the U.S for obvious reasons.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It's pretty worrying that they have these sort of powerful new weapons but I just cannot see this as anything more than trying to garner attention. It is most likely an attempt to try and generate some respect but at this point I can only see it as trying to get attention.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
It's pretty worrying that they have these sort of powerful new weapons but I just cannot see this as anything more than trying to garner attention. It is most likely an attempt to try and generate some respect but at this point I can only see it as trying to get attention.

Don't underestimate NK. The dictator might get pissed any second and when he is he can inflict harm on anybody including but not limited to the US. NK has ICBM that capable of reaching anywhere in the world. The red button be pushed anytime so we need to be carful. The international community has to get to together and sort this out before we all perish.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Don't underestimate NK. The dictator might get pissed any second and when he is he can inflict harm on anybody including but not limited to the US. NK has ICBM that capable of reaching anywhere in the world. The red button be pushed anytime so we need to be carful. The international community has to get to together and sort this out before we all perish.

Oh I do not underestimate them at all, it's just they have been making threats for so long now that I feel the world is looking on it more and more as if it's almost attention seeking at this point.

While we should not underestimate them, I think the world is focused on other more pressing issues at the moment. I mean even China, their number 1 ally, is pretty much telling them to knock it off.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
That explains the nature behind the earthquake! NK is going nuts.

Are you serious or just joking? Anyway, the h-bomb is a big scare for us when we were in grade school because of the 3 elements - vibrations, radiation and fallout. Correct me if that pertains to atomic bomb, I honestly do not know the difference. But anyway, if that h-bomb of North Korea is what I think an h-bomb is, does that mean they now have the capability to destroy a city? More probably South Korea's huh.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Are you serious or just joking? Anyway, the h-bomb is a big scare for us when we were in grade school because of the 3 elements - vibrations, radiation and fallout. Correct me if that pertains to atomic bomb, I honestly do not know the difference. But anyway, if that h-bomb of North Korea is what I think an h-bomb is, does that mean they now have the capability to destroy a city? More probably South Korea's huh.

WebMaster is referring to this:

5.1 Earthquake Detected After Claims of Successful Hydrogen Bomb Testing in North Korea
Big earthquake detected near North Korean nuclear site: Reports

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines

So that is a serious post that there was indeed an earthquake that might have been an effect of the h-bomb testing. The UN had filed a protest on the initiative of Secretary General Ban Ki Moon, who incidentally is a Korean from the south which is the most threatened by any military plans and movement of North Korea. A sanction is in order although the details are still to be drawn by the UN committee.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
Between North Korea and Iran, things are heating up around the globe. I really hope the nations with some sense can coordinate efforts to rein in both of them before both situations escalate to the point of no return.