North Korea threatens to attack US over war games with South Korea | World Defense

North Korea threatens to attack US over war games with South Korea

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
The thread title is loud and clear. Another antic of the North Korean government that is obviously wanting in attention. War games is just that - games by the military but it's actually more of a bonding session for the 2 militaries. Here in the Philippines, we have the Balitakan Exercises where Filipino soldiers and American soldiers do some activities not directly related to military purposes.

Here is the link - North Korea threatens to attack US over war games this week | mb.com.ph | Philippine News

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Yet another empty threat by North Korea. It's seriously getting to a point where it's laughable.

I wonder how many more threats like this they are going to issue this year? And I don't see why they give these threats as (thankfully) nothing really happens other than a few light skirmishes over the borders with SK.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The threats keep getting more ridiculous. This time they said they'd invade the U.S and use weapons "unknown to the world." Huh? North Korea has been building some secret weapon which no one knows about? Or has the fact that they managed to miniaturize nuclear warheads made them bolder? They believe they can do anything now?

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
The thread title is loud and clear. Another antic of the North Korean government that is obviously wanting in attention. War games is just that - games by the military but it's actually more of a bonding session for the 2 militaries. Here in the Philippines, we have the Balitakan Exercises where Filipino soldiers and American soldiers do some activities not directly related to military purposes.

Here is the link - North Korea threatens to attack US over war games this week | mb.com.ph | Philippine News
They have to be kidding right?? Tel me they are kidding. I just don't understand how these crazy people think. I think actually they just totally want to scare the world, and enjoy being a bully. They are crazy and unpredictable. I think "antics" is a great word for their behavior.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
I think much of the bluster from North Korea is aimed at their own people, since they seem to be cloistered away from the real world, and apparently don't have enough information to enable them to discern fact from the fiction put forth by their own government. Those outside their borders realize how ludicrous these claims are, but when that is all people hear, they probably believe at least some of it.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
The threats keep getting more ridiculous. This time they said they'd invade the U.S and use weapons "unknown to the world." Huh? North Korea has been building some secret weapon which no one knows about? Or has the fact that they managed to miniaturize nuclear warheads made them bolder? They believe they can do anything now?

Maybe they have got some sort of huge catapult hidden in their mountain region aimed directly for the US capital? Or perhaps they have trained bears to infiltrate US Army units and pose as US soldiers, hoping the others don't suspect a thing? Or *gasp* perhaps they have a Dalek in their arsenal now?

A laughable as it seems, I would not be surprised to hear them say something like this. It's getting that way...

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
All bark no bite . . .

They chose to use loudspeakers as their weapon of war, blasted propaganda messages into South Korea.

North and South Korea war over loudspeakers - Business Insider
North Korea on Monday resumed a campaign of loudspeakers blasting propaganda across its border with South Korea, days after the South took a similar step in response to a landmine explosion in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
Honestly, if my neighbors used a loudspeaker for propaganda, or pretty much anything else, on an ongoing basis, it would probably be the beginning of WWIII. North Korea reminds me of a pesky mosquito buzzing in an ear throughout the night. I certainly hope they are never able to carry out their claims, because they sure talk big.