Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Obama’s grandmother visits Makkah

80befccc-50ac-4ab1-8821-9569fc736536_16x9_600x338.jpg

Sara Omar, paternal grandmother of President Obama, attended an exhibition detailing the life of the Prophet Mohammad in Saudi Arabia. (Photo courtesy: The Muslim Times)

Staff writer, Al Arabiya News
Thursday, 23 April 2015
Paternal grandmother of U.S. President Barack Obama attended an exhibition detailing the life of the Prophet Mohammad at the end of a pilgrimage in the Saudi city of Makkah, local media reported Wednesday.

Sara Omar, who is in her 90s, arrived in Makkah - considered in Islam to be the holiest city - with her son and grandson Saeed and Mousa Obama.

Unlike the Hajj pilgrimage - a trip to the cities of Makkah and Madinah which every able-bodied Muslim is expected to undertake at least once in their lifetime - Umrah can be undertaken at any time of the year.

After finishing Umrah, Omar visited an exhibition about the life of the Prophet, commenting that it was a “good example” of what she called the moderate teachings of Islam.

“I am very happy to visit this exhibition, which is a good example for the propagation of Islam in a modern way, supported by scientific and authentic documents,” local daily Arab News quoted her as saying.

The Arabic-language Akhbar meanwhile said Obama’s grandmother cried during her visit to the exhibition.

Obama is a Christian whose religious views developed in his adult life but his father is of Muslim heritage from Kenya. Obama said both his American mother and Kenyan father were not devout.

Last Update: Thursday, 23 April 2015 KSA 12:18 - GMT 09:18

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I wonder if they must add, Obama [the grandson] is a Christian. Would it make a difference if he was a Muslim? Obviously, yes it would. The Americans wouldn't have voted him into office had he declared that he is a Muslim. So to be "eligible" he had to embrace Christianity. But well . . . we'll never find out whether Obama actually is a Muslim as it has been alleged since the media brands him "Christian" all the time.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I wonder if they must add, Obama [the grandson] is a Christian. Would it make a difference if he was a Muslim? Obviously, yes it would. The Americans wouldn't have voted him into office had he declared that he is a Muslim. So to be "eligible" he had to embrace Christianity. But well . . . we'll never find out whether Obama actually is a Muslim as it has been alleged since the media brands him "Christian" all the time.
That's right, the media brands him a Christian, but his attitudes and actions speak otherwise. I hope Obama is proud of at least ONE of his grandmothers. The other one, as I recall, has been described by him as, "a typical white woman."

BigBIgFan

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
You know, we are all going to find out exactly how Muslim Obama is when he's no longer president. Some suspect he won't even stay in the U.S. and will instead seek to tour other countries and perform hour long speeches at special events for crazy sums of money. I highly doubt that he will be sought after to give speeches in America, his secret was revealed long ago.

Did you know that Obama got into the white house without really ever getting voted in as a Senator first? He won his riding in Chicago by default since instead of trying to gather votes he attacked the other candidates on procedural grounds and had them all eliminated from the race. The result is that he got in without anyone really knowing what he was all about. He then rode the poor, illegal and black vote into becoming president by making promisses to illegals, poor people and African American voters, many of which are not happy with him now.

I don't think American can afford to be fooled by a politician like that again, the debt has never been bigger!

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think his grandmother looks older than the age she is and visiting the holy city maybe good and also it is a good place for a visit and she has done to live to this age as well. Obama has done some good things and also some things which have not benefited the people like the healthcare and also the debts have increased and jobs are not there for everyone. The economy needs to be improved, and also it can be seen that changes need to be done so USA can survive as well.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I think his grandmother looks older than the age she is and visiting the holy city maybe good and also it is a good place for a visit and she has done to live to this age as well. Obama has done some good things and also some things which have not benefited the people like the healthcare and also the debts have increased and jobs are not there for everyone. The economy needs to be improved, and also it can be seen that changes need to be done so USA can survive as well.
I honestly cannot think of ONE good thing this man has done. He has almost destroyed our country's economy, not to mention our credibility around the world. No not one good thing!

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
You know, we are all going to find out exactly how Muslim Obama is when he's no longer president. Some suspect he won't even stay in the U.S. and will instead seek to tour other countries and perform hour long speeches at special events for crazy sums of money. I highly doubt that he will be sought after to give speeches in America, his secret was revealed long ago.

Did you know that Obama got into the white house without really ever getting voted in as a Senator first? He won his riding in Chicago by default since instead of trying to gather votes he attacked the other candidates on procedural grounds and had them all eliminated from the race. The result is that he got in without anyone really knowing what he was all about. He then rode the poor, illegal and black vote into becoming president by making promisses to illegals, poor people and African American voters, many of which are not happy with him now.

I don't think American can afford to be fooled by a politician like that again, the debt has never been bigger!
obama is not my business. but you americans should deal with bush regarding your debt and wars. i dont like both but if i was an american id drag bush to court. for war crimes and debt.
regarding the debt just look at the debt before 2001 and the day bush left office. very simple.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
We were back in the hole again because of war expenditures, brought on by Muslim extremists! The national debt:

Barack Obama - The debt grew the most dollar-wise during President Obama's term. He added $6.167 trillion, a 53% increase, in six years. Obama's budgets included the economic stimulus package, which added $787 billion by cutting taxes, extending unemployment benefits, and funding job-creating public works projects. The Obama tax cuts added $858 billion to the debt over two years. Obama's budget included increased defense spending to around $800 billion a year. Federal income was down, thanks to lower tax receipts from the 2008 financial crisis. He also sponsored the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which was designed to reduce the debt by $143 billion over 10 years. However, these savings didn't show up until the later years. For more, see National Debt Under Obama.

George W. Bush - President Bush added the second greatest amount to the debt, at $5.849 trillion. This more than doubled the debt, which was $5.8 trillion on September 30, 2001 -- the end of FY 2001, which was President Clinton's last budget. Bush responded to the 9/11 attacks by launching the War on Terror. This drove military spending to record levels, $600-$800 billion a year. This included the Iraq War, which cost $807.5 billion. President Bush also responded to the 2001 recession by passing EGTRRA and JGTRRA, otherwise known as the Bush tax cuts, which reduced revenue. He approved a $700 billion bailout package for banks to combat the 2008 global financial crisis. Both Presidents Bush and Obama had to contend with higher mandatory spending for Social Security and Medicare.

US Debt by President: By Dollar and Percent

I'm not a Bush supporter, but lies are lies, and Obama's full of them. Where is that "stimulus money, " that came out of our taxes?

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
We were back in the hole again because of war expenditures, brought on by Muslim extremists! The national debt:

Barack Obama - The debt grew the most dollar-wise during President Obama's term. He added $6.167 trillion, a 53% increase, in six years. Obama's budgets included the economic stimulus package, which added $787 billion by cutting taxes, extending unemployment benefits, and funding job-creating public works projects. The Obama tax cuts added $858 billion to the debt over two years. Obama's budget included increased defense spending to around $800 billion a year. Federal income was down, thanks to lower tax receipts from the 2008 financial crisis. He also sponsored the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which was designed to reduce the debt by $143 billion over 10 years. However, these savings didn't show up until the later years. For more, see National Debt Under Obama.

George W. Bush - President Bush added the second greatest amount to the debt, at $5.849 trillion. This more than doubled the debt, which was $5.8 trillion on September 30, 2001 -- the end of FY 2001, which was President Clinton's last budget. Bush responded to the 9/11 attacks by launching the War on Terror. This drove military spending to record levels, $600-$800 billion a year. This included the Iraq War, which cost $807.5 billion. President Bush also responded to the 2001 recession by passing EGTRRA and JGTRRA, otherwise known as the Bush tax cuts, which reduced revenue. He approved a $700 billion bailout package for banks to combat the 2008 global financial crisis. Both Presidents Bush and Obama had to contend with higher mandatory spending for Social Security and Medicare.

US Debt by President: By Dollar and Percent

I'm not a Bush supporter, but lies are lies, and Obama's full of them. Where is that "stimulus money, " that came out of our taxes?

Reap what you sow. US shouldn't have invaded Iraq based on lies like WMD. The US created all this mess you see in ME and it shall taste the outcome of that. If the Arabs use another currency to sell their oil, the dollar will be worth less than a toilet paper.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Reap what you sow. US shouldn't have invaded Iraq based on lies like WMD. The US created all this mess you see in ME and it shall taste the outcome of that. If the Arabs use another currency to sell their oil, the dollar will be worth less than a toilet paper.
I agree that we shouldn't have invaded Iraq. However there seemed to be a lot of people in Iraq, who had been the victims of Hussein and his sons, who were glad that we did. As for foreign oil, we wouldn't need it if not for our repressive gov't that keeps us from drilling for our own.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
I agree that we shouldn't have invaded Iraq. However there seemed to be a lot of people in Iraq, who had been the victims of Hussein and his sons, who were glad that we did. As for foreign oil, we wouldn't need it if not for our repressive gov't that keeps us from drilling for our own.

Iraq was way better under Saddam Hussain and much more stable than now. Im no fan of Hussain but truth to be told. Look at Iraq now and compare it with where it was before way different.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
No Muslim would ever falsely claim to be christian. They would be killed if they did. President Obama and his family regularly attend a Christian Church. Again, death sentence for a Muslim. Only a person ignorant of the Muslim world would cling to the racist, Reich wing fantasy that President Obama is Muslim.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
IMHO, one's religious affiliations shouldn't be anyone's concern. Everyone has a right to be whatever they want to be: Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Atheist — whatever. In any case one doesn't have to be religious in order to be a good leader.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
Under the current regime, America has become on of the leading producers of oil (which will one day run out). Far better would be for us to develop the alternatives to oil and coal, and save the petroleum for better, safer uses. It is just shy of 100 years since Alexander Graham Bell warned of the danger of reliance on fossil fuels and suggested that we should concentrate on safer renewable energy sources. This is why fuel prices are currently so low.