Obama administration seeks war authorization against Islamic State | World Defense

Obama administration seeks war authorization against Islamic State

rares209

Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Romania
Secretary of State John Kerry, Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey went before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to request authorization for war powers against the Islamic State forces. Gwen Ifill reports on Congress’ questioning of the Obama administration’s military priorities.

Source: Obama administration seeks war authorization against IS

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
I think America is one of the worst places to be a president. It is all about party politics and trying to proof which party has more influence. There are many in America who claim that Obama needs to do something about ISIS but when he tries to take military action then he is met with criticism from congress.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I think America is one of the worst places to be a president. It is all about party politics and trying to proof which party has more influence. There are many in America who claim that Obama needs to do something about ISIS but when he tries to take military action then he is met with criticism from congress.
Actually the problem lies in the competence, or lack thereof of this president to bring about any viable strategy that will be effective in this war on radical terrorists.A lot of people believe that he has shown such a disregard for basic common sense that he is incapable of anything of this magnitude. It's not all politics at this point.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
The whole of the Islamic state is not part of the extremists or the ones doing this sort of act and many innocents will lose their lives if a full out war happens and it will be sad if this does happen. I think that, getting rid of the terroists is important and taking them out will take time since you would have to find out who is a terroist and which ones are just normal people and not part of the groups doing violent acts. I wander what will happen in the peace talks if there is one and where about's they will attack from and how many civilians live in the area and will need to remove them before attack.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
This will end up in a bottle neck. It's obvious the Congress doesn't want to be a part of this war since they probably don't want to waste resources. I thought each branch is supposed to be independent of the other. Ah, the pitfalls of the presidential system of government. Still, why can't the president just exert his influence on NATO? Obama must be under severe pressure now but if he lets Congress have its way, then US can say goodbye to the superpower role it has since enjoyed.

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
Actually the problem lies in the competence, or lack thereof of this president to bring about any viable strategy that will be effective in this war on radical terrorists.A lot of people believe that he has shown such a disregard for basic common sense that he is incapable of anything of this magnitude. It's not all politics at this point.
I beg to defer. The Obama administration were responsible for the killing of Osama, the world's number one terrorist. If you read your news regularly, you will also be aware that the man responsible for plotting the Nairobis and Dar es salam embassy bombing was also taken out from a drone attack. I think the Obama's administration has done a commendable job and i believe he's doing a great job.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Obama has done so many good things that go ignored. The problem is our congress, the same one who committed a blatant act of treason with that letter designed to undermine Obama's attempts towards peaceful resolutions, is telling people be has done a horrible job and everything he does is a horrible idea. The fact is our supposed congress is so blinded by hate and so focused on trying to make Obama look bad that they have screwed our country all up. They have accomplished NOTHING for the people the are supposed to work for. Meanwhile, Obama is trying his best to do his job regardless of the road blocks those pseudo politicians throw up in front of him. If he didn't circumvent congress, then our country would seriously be going to the dogs and NOTHING AT ALL would be getting accomplished.