Obama claims progress on Islamic State | World Defense

Obama claims progress on Islamic State

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
U.S.-backed forces have wrested territory back from the extremist group according to President Barack Obama who claimed progress in the U.S.-led fight against the Islamic State group. During a presidential visit to CIA headquarters, Obama said it had been "a bad few months" for the Islamic State which was on the defensive and that the U.S. intends to "keep that momentum."

For details - Obama claims progress on Islamic State amid worrying signs | World, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
Oh come on, ISIS isn't even a single group of militias. Some of these groups are actually funded by CIA or other branch of the US government. Keep the war going and the region in chaos is the real goal here. It is easier to sell weapons as well as divide and control the whole region when they are forced to fight the whole time.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
He's a lame duck, phoning it in to justify collecting his pay. I'm sure there was plenty of eye-rolling before, during, and after his speech. No doubt most, if not all in that room know a lot more about what is going on in the region and the world than Obama does.

ISIS will never be completely eradicated. It's something that we'll have to be on watch for, because it seems people are being radicalized on a regular basis. Hopefully it can be wiped out in large part, while also addressing avenues of radicalization, but I don't think the ideas behind the organization will ever go away, much in the same way Nazism and other such extreme systems of believe still exist.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
He's a lame duck, phoning it in to justify collecting his pay. I'm sure there was plenty of eye-rolling before, during, and after his speech. No doubt most, if not all in that room know a lot more about what is going on in the region and the world than Obama does.

ISIS will never be completely eradicated. It's something that we'll have to be on watch for, because it seems people are being radicalized on a regular basis. Hopefully it can be wiped out in large part, while also addressing avenues of radicalization, but I don't think the ideas behind the organization will ever go away, much in the same way Nazism and other such extreme systems of believe still exist.

Yep, that's another reason why decentralized groups like this can't be wiped out. They get new recruit all the time. With more bombing type of direct military attack will only cause more people to join. Imagine if you drop a bomb killed someone's dad, will his son grow up being peaceful? Probably want to get back at you every day as he grow up.

It is also funny that with all the bombing "against ISIS", their territory was actually getting larger. Just to show how bogus the media reports are. They basically just quote what the government told them.

davidjon

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Obama's mother was an atheist and his father was a moslem. Where exactly do you see his loyalty lie? I imagine he has more sympathy for the ISIS fighters than he does his "own" troops. Obama hates the US, and everything that its culture is associated with. He was an agitator in the beginning, and an agitator now. I don't trust a single word that comes out of his mouth.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
@vash Yes, I agree, the press is basically (in my opinion) bought and paid for, and mouths whatever their puppetmasters tell them to say. It's a shame, because I do believe that in the past, they, or at least some individual journalists, could be relied upon to ask the tough questions and dig into matters, independent of what they've been told.

@davidjon Yes, those are the facts, and I'm amazed that so many fail to see his agenda, yet they've for the most part, been indoctrinated in the public schools or elite academies where leftism reigns, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Zepplin

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It is a bit of a contradiction when the very actions of fighting ISIS is probably what is causing ISIS to grow.
Drone attack on an terrorist target, an innocent dies, that'll be that person's brother, son, father etc hating the US.

The IRA were disbanded because of talks, this is the only sensible route with ISIS

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
It is a bit of a contradiction when the very actions of fighting ISIS is probably what is causing ISIS to grow.
Drone attack on an terrorist target, an innocent dies, that'll be that person's brother, son, father etc hating the US.

The IRA were disbanded because of talks, this is the only sensible route with ISIS

Yep, exactly what I said in the previous post. Killing will only create more hatred and in return it means more killing. Unless you wipe out an entire population, the killing will not stop because the entire population is where those groups draw their recruits from. We are not dealing with a centralized organization here and thus there is no head to chop off to end it.

@vash Yes, I agree, the press is basically (in my opinion) bought and paid for, and mouths whatever their puppetmasters tell them to say. It's a shame, because I do believe that in the past, they, or at least some individual journalists, could be relied upon to ask the tough questions and dig into matters, independent of what they've been told.
There used to be hundreds if not thousands small radio stations, newspaper, etc. Now they are mostly being bought and operated by a handful large media corporations. And these a few large media corporations definitely can be bought or controlled. Every time there is any major incident took place, do you notice that almost all of the headlines from different media sources are pretty much the same? They are just quoting each other, or perhaps they are all just trying to meet the quota from the same source...