Obama vows U.S. response to North Korea over Sony cyber attack | Page 2 | World Defense

Obama vows U.S. response to North Korea over Sony cyber attack

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
One thing is for sure, the U.S. cannot simply sit by and do nothing - that is not an option. The U.S. must take a stance against this cyber attach from North Korea. I agree with what Aree said before - hit them back and worry about it later.

The U.S. could wage a cyber war against North Korea that the Koreans would not be able to fight - I think they know this. Even if big brother China were to get involved, I think the U.S. would still be able to battle against both Asian nations with little issue.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
One thing is for sure, the U.S. cannot simply sit by and do nothing - that is not an option. The U.S. must take a stance against this cyber attach from North Korea. I agree with what Aree said before - hit them back and worry about it later.

The U.S. could wage a cyber war against North Korea that the Koreans would not be able to fight - I think they know this. Even if big brother China were to get involved, I think the U.S. would still be able to battle against both Asian nations with little issue.

I just read that Obama has approved more sanctions against North Korea for the hacking of Sony Studios. This is the first time this type of action has been taken against a nation for this type of crime. I'm not sure what sanctions. They have sanctioned 3 organizations and 10 individuals tied to those organizations. They are part of the government and defense industry. That's all I can find.

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Sounds like you did your homework on this one. I'll keep looking on this as well. I find it interesting that this is the only reported case of hacking of a foreign nation into a corporate system. For some reason I'm having a hard time believing this is the first time this happened. Was it because of the nature of this movie that it is getting all this attention? The more I read into this story the more it fascinates me.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Sounds like you did your homework on this one. I'll keep looking on this as well. I find it interesting that this is the only reported case of hacking of a foreign nation into a corporate system. For some reason I'm having a hard time believing this is the first time this happened. Was it because of the nature of this movie that it is getting all this attention? The more I read into this story the more it fascinates me.
It was because it depicted a US citizen assassinating Kim Jung Un. I guess the sanctions have to do with explicitly forbidding US citizens from conducting any kind of business with these individuals. We are shutting our doors completely to key parts of their government and defense industry.

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I hope the United States put some more money into researching hacking prevention programs. These hackers could be a thorn in internet business.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
When a country's leader becomes so caught up in his power that he tries to impede his dictatorship and his demands of people over the borders into other countries it is to far. What he does in his own country is his own business, But America is not his country and we do not have to abide by his stupidity no matter if he likes it or not. No matter who it is what they do if it is against him in any way or embarrasses him he want it to go away immediately. What sony should do is hire hackers to take over all television networks and hack into the North Korean cable places and broadcast the movie on every single Television network in North Korea, then hack all North Korean web addresses and broadcast the movie there to. then just to really get under his skin and send him and all his cabinet a copy of the movie. But thats just me :)

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
The moment I saw the first few seconds of the trailer of the movie, I knew that there was going to be some sort of backlash eventually from North Korea. I mean you can't just make a whole movie centering around something so contreversial and not expect such a powerful and vengeful man to do something in return! It was incredibly bold and daring of Sony to even pick up the movie, no matter how funny it is. I even cringed when a few years back on 30 Rock they had a character of theirs kidnapped in North Korea!

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I reckon action needs to be taken, and find out who did the attacks and what can be done to prevent it from happening again and Sony should have consulted the president before pulling movie out for viewing. One country or the other is responsible for what is happening and wander how long the blame is going to happen and who will take responsibility for their actions. I wander who was doing the hacking and making the threats, it would be interesting to see if North korea had any part in doing this which is going to go on for a time.