Onwards On Wing: Mission Critical Jet Components Now 'Made in Saudi' | World Defense

Onwards On Wing: Mission Critical Jet Components Now 'Made in Saudi'

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Onwards On Wing: Mission Critical Jet Components Now ‘Made in Saudi’

Avionics-1.png

November 10, 2015 at 06:11pm
Onwards On Wing: Mission Critical Jet Components Now ‘Made in Saudi’
There’s no doubt that airplane avionics systems represent sophisticated manufacturing that requires high-precision, high-quality production. When it involves military jets, this is even more the case. Today, a new production line in Saudi Arabia is producing these systems and exporting them to the United Kingdom.

As was just announced at Dubai Airshow 2015, GE Aviation has completed its first transfer of avionics manufacturing and support capability to the Advanced Electronics Company (AEC) in Saudi Arabia. These avionics components will go into the BAE Systems Hawk T-165 Advanced Jet Trainer aircraft being built in the United Kingdom.

This marks the first made-in-Saudi assemblies ever to have been fitted to an aircraft in production in the UK.

The mission-critical assemblies are integral to the multi-functional displays found in each Hawk cockpit and reflect the increasing sophistication of Saudi manufacturing. The production of these assemblies also supports the Kingdom’s broader economic development and diversification goals. What’s more, the planes are being built for the Saudi military, so the made-in-Saudi components will benefit the Kingdom in a manner beyond those purely economic.

“This close cooperation with AEC commenced in 2013 and has demonstrated a strong collaboration on which future initiatives can be developed,” said Paul Laity, executive product leader for GE Aviation. “As part of the wider BAE Systems Hawk program, this initiative further strengthens GE’s relationship with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.”

GE Aviation provides commercial and military jet engines, components and integrated avionics, digital solutions and electrical power systems for aircraft. Dubai Airshow is the world’s fastest-growing international air show and one of the world’s most important.
GE Hewar Blog | Onwards On Wing: Mission Critical Jet Components Now ‘Made in Saudi’

!-!

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Today, a new production line in Saudi Arabia is producing these systems and exporting them to the United Kingdom.

Saudis are doing a lot in this field lately I've noticed. Many jv, tot and in home made manufacturing. Will Saudi Arabia be the mother of technology in the ME?

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudis are doing a lot in this field lately I've noticed. Many jv, tot and in home made manufacturing. Will Saudi Arabia be the mother of technology in the ME?

Why not ?

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.‘∞‘

Want to see some high res. pics from Dubai Air Show ? ~^~

New contract with BAE systems :

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Continue :

SAC is working on the biggest facility in the ME for aircraft maintenance (civil and military aifrcafts ). It will be in Jeddah and it will be ready by the end of 2016 .

CTYP_B3XAAAWQWu.jpg

CTYP_B3WIAAu1J5.jpg

CTYP_B5WUAAz_Fm.jpg

CTYP_B9WUAAKtWM.jpg

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The urls don't enable sharing I believe....

He is linking to other forum that doesn't enabling sharing. ''Bandwidth cost''.