'Operation Counter Jade Helm' | World Defense

'Operation Counter Jade Helm'

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Texans organize &[HASHTAG]#039[/HASHTAG];Operation Counter Jade Helm&[HASHTAG]#039[/HASHTAG]; to keep an eye on the federal troops - Houston Chronicle

"The U.S. Military will bring over a thousand troops as well as aircraft and heavy vehicles to Texas and six other southwestern states for Operation Jade Helm--an unprecedented special operations training exercise. A civilian group has organized to monitor the training, including companies in Texas that plan to post up at each drill site in the Lone Star State. "

I think this article has neglected to answer the most important question of all... when did Texas start using any sense? I suspect one of the more reasonable states probably gave them this idea.

Waynefire

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Texas, has always had sense. They are the only state in the Union that allowed themselves the option to leave at pretty much anytime. I personally do not live in Texas, but would love to have them control the United States for a little while to make some major changes!

Oh, and it is not unprecedented. It was happening in California in the 80's, but the Internet did not exist to spread the flames of distrust.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Texas, has always had sense. They are the only state in the Union that allowed themselves the option to leave at pretty much anytime. I personally do not live in Texas, but would love to have them control the United States for a little while to make some major changes!

Oh, and it is not unprecedented. It was happening in California in the 80's, but the Internet did not exist to spread the flames of distrust.
Our views on Texas are very different from each other.
while you would like them to be in charge, I would like them all surrounded by a huge, locked wall. "Just like The Great Wall of China", only the door swings the other way.

Waynefire

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Why do you not like Texas so much? They have awesome gun control laws, they take care of their own and they have some wonderful views politically.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
They'll execute a 12 year old for jay walking and not think twice about it. (the 'jaywalking" is an exaggeration, but the 12 years old is real.)

They aren't the REAL south. geographically, they are in the south. But the texans who want to call themselves southerners give the real southerners a bad name. In the real south we aren't wearing 500$ cowboy boots to walk around on our ranches.

I'm sorry if my answer seems short. There are so many more reasons. But I'm in the south with no air conditioning and I think it's frying my brain lmao

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I love Texas, and often wished I lived there! The spirit of freedom is alive and well in the Lone Star State, in spite of the politically correct minority who live there. There's nothing wrong with $500.00 cowboy boots, being worn by people who worked and paid for them, and the same goes for their ranches.
As for the original post, I applaud them for not bowing down to our corrupt federal gov't. They're wise to be leery of these troops.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I'm sorry, I needed to elaborate. This obviously doesn't refer to ALL texans. There is nothing wrong with wearing 500$ boots to walk around on your ranch. I don't care how much your boots cost, or what kind of place you walk around in them. the price of the boots doesn't make you better than farmers from the south. It is the amount of dirt and miles your boots have seen that makes that determination.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck. If you look like a duck thats never gotten your feathers ruffled, and you hire mexicans to quack like a duck, you're a texan.

But, back to my original point, Texas has never impressed me much. But their reaction to this "drill" is ballsy and I respect them for that. I think most people would turn around and bend over before taking the stand Texas is.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
Texans organize &[HASHTAG]#039[/HASHTAG];Operation Counter Jade Helm&[HASHTAG]#039[/HASHTAG]; to keep an eye on the federal troops - Houston Chronicle

"The U.S. Military will bring over a thousand troops as well as aircraft and heavy vehicles to Texas and six other southwestern states for Operation Jade Helm--an unprecedented special operations training exercise. A civilian group has organized to monitor the training, including companies in Texas that plan to post up at each drill site in the Lone Star State. "

I think this article has neglected to answer the most important question of all... when did Texas start using any sense? I suspect one of the more reasonable states probably gave them this idea.

I am kind of wondering why the U.S feels the need to spy on its own troops. THis sounds like something that is both expensive and strange. I am wondering, coudlnt the money be better spent elsewhere? I suspect part of the reason for this is to keep an eye open at the border. Just an idea.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I am kind of wondering why the U.S feels the need to spy on its own troops. THis sounds like something that is both expensive and strange. I am wondering, coudlnt the money be better spent elsewhere? I suspect part of the reason for this is to keep an eye open at the border. Just an idea.
This is just the way I see it. I can't speak for anyone else...

We don't trust our government or military. There have been so many lies, secrets, and cover ups that a "military exercise" on US soil just sounds too suspicious to let it go.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
This is just the way I see it. I can't speak for anyone else...

We don't trust our government or military. There have been so many lies, secrets, and cover ups that a "military exercise" on US soil just sounds too suspicious to let it go.
Yes, I guess that in general there is a lot of mistrust in government agencies. I know the infighting between rival agencies and lack of information sharing i.e. turf war is one of the biggest causes of 9/11. I don't know hmmm we have to have peace amongst ourselves before we can expect it to be worldwide. Just sayin...!

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
There is so much spite and vindictiveness that I wonder if getting our house in order is even feasible. Until we have a strong 3rd party, so the politicians and parties are kept on their toes, and can no longer count on the party members to necessarily vote for them, so they'll have to work for their votes I don't see any hope.

GeeCee

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I'm sorry, I needed to elaborate. This obviously doesn't refer to ALL texans. There is nothing wrong with wearing 500$ boots to walk around on your ranch. I don't care how much your boots cost, or what kind of place you walk around in them. the price of the boots doesn't make you better than farmers from the south. It is the amount of dirt and miles your boots have seen that makes that determination.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck. If you look like a duck thats never gotten your feathers ruffled, and you hire mexicans to quack like a duck, you're a texan.

But, back to my original point, Texas has never impressed me much. But their reaction to this "drill" is ballsy and I respect them for that. I think most people would turn around and bend over before taking the stand Texas is.
So true. People are so quick to dismiss Texas and its citizenry as a bunch of yeehaws and bufoons. In fact, Texas is just a state rooted in common sense, and actually having to live with the stigma being called things like "conservative" and "racist". I'd probably live in Galvaston, if I wasn't afraid a sea surge or a storm might get me.

Lilly Smith

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
My husband is a retired, former Special Operations officer who was involved with a number of overseas terrorist operations and this type of operation within our own borders makes him nervous. Domestic issues is not what our military is trained or authorized to do. It almost seems as if the Gov't is training to put down opposition to our Gov't by it's citizens (Marshall law).

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Texas is among the most segregated states within America and its history is not so lovely either. The US would have been a less segregated society without the likes of Texas and some other southern states.

Lilly Smith

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
@Rowe992, there are a LOT of states that don't have pretty pasts, Northern states included. I am a Sr. citizen and I can tell you I have lived in almost every state in the Union, and also spent some time abroad. Segregation in one form or another is EVERYWHERE. From the beginning of time it has existed and I don't think as along as there are 2 people left on this earth that it won't continue. The lefts would LOVE for all of us to join arms and sing "kumbaya" and although that may be the ideal in a fantasy world, I would NOT bet that it will ever happen in our world. If you read your history, slavery and the like did NOT originate in the Southern states that you are lumping together. Get out a history book and read.