Opinions on wars? | World Defense

Opinions on wars?

bennewcombe

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, my name is Ben and I thought I would post these extremely controversial topic. Everyone hates wars, let's face it. No one wants to be the way we were back when Hitler was ruling pretty much the world. However, it does give a chance to show how powerful we are and by winning one war, means that countries will back off....

Venant

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think you're right that anyone aware of the horror of war hates war, but many are swept up by jingoisitc fervor and support things they don't understand.

I must, however, ask how it can be that countries will back off when they see another's might, when that basically hasn't really happened in the past? War has declined in frequency in recent decades not because the powerful assert their might and put fear into other powers, but because the majority of wars have been the powerful teaming up against the weak, using insecure countries as battlegrounds for greater political and economic conflicts. As our economy becomes more and more intertwined globally, and as capital becomes concenctrated in a global elite, war will be seen for what it is by the empowered classes: illusory, unprofitable, and devastating.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Like most of the people in the world, I hate wars. But I believe that war is not that easy to avoid until nations are being ruled by humans. For me, it is the human ego and greed that are the roots of war. For instance, the invasion of a territory is rooted from greed. Bullying is due to ego. Take away those 2 elements and we will have world peace. Just my opinion.

Venant

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Corzhens I think you're right. The problem will always be that humans act on incorrect and incomplete knowledge, and often do things for very short sighted and selfish reasons. Its a tragedy of our species that we have such difficulty getting along when many of the greatest advancements we have made come from cooperation and mutual aid. That said, if education (not training/instruction like schools often only provide) somehow manages to spread and people manage to at the very least update their modes of thinking, I do believe there is hope for us to reach some form of lasting peace.

AbeLincoln

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Australia
I abhor the existence of war and its catastrophic results in the loss of millions of innocent lives. What a wast of economic resources and lives. But I completely agree to a nation's right to defend itself with its superior weapons and intelligence to destroy its enemies that harass them with provocation of rockets, missile attacks and terrorism for no reason at all.

CrowdedHighways

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Latvia
This might be a controversial opinion, but I do not understand how anyone in their right mind could truly support war. Defense is acceptable, but still not the best option. The leaders who decide who goes to wars are the least likely to actually get injured in the attacks, so I can cold-bloodily just send people to war, but I could never support it.

Rock

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Of course wars are extremely bad, the only thing good that comes out of war is the technological advancement. Even with that said I would rather have a technology take 50 years to develop in peacetime than have it be developed in 5 years in a war, the deaths that come with a war are just unnecessary. Countries should only ever fight after a lot of thought and other options have been went through.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
Hello, my name is Ben and I thought I would post these extremely controversial topic. Everyone hates wars, let's face it. No one wants to be the way we were back when Hitler was ruling pretty much the world. However, it does give a chance to show how powerful we are and by winning one war, means that countries will back off....
People may hate war but when other countries try to dominate an area of trade or property or try to enslave another people sometimes it can not be avoided. Let's be honest, not all rulers in the world, are nice, or even sane, and sometimes when they get out of control, war may be necessary to keep them in line.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Make it policy that the children of the politicians are always the first to get drafted.
abracadabra!!!
TaDa!!!
no more war.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Sometimes,you cant have peace without a war.

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
Wars are exclusively made for profit these days. Probably a few hundred years ago, they had founded reasons to occur, but now... the continuous blood shedding is exclusively happening because money is taking our mind away.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Wars are exclusively made for profit these days. Probably a few hundred years ago, they had founded reasons to occur, but now... the continuous blood shedding is exclusively happening because money is taking our mind away.

In our social studies class in grade school, I remember a lesson about war. That one reason for waging war is business and profit. A 6th grade wouldn't understand that but it lingered in my mind such that when I became an adult, I got to think it over. And our teacher was correct in that. A war creates demand for war supplies, not only of weaponry but also logistics like food and material needs of soldiers. The economy somehow stirs provided the war is not taking place in the country.

Matt Lunceford

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
War is always the wrong answer. Period. There's no other way around it. The sad thing is our country has seen war the majority of our years and I barely even know the reason we fight anymore. One time it's oil and the next it's because of 9/11. I'll never understand why we all can't just be adults and keep to ours and that goes for all other countries as well.