Opinions on wars? | Page 2 | World Defense

Opinions on wars?

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
War is always the wrong answer. Period. There's no other way around it. The sad thing is our country has seen war the majority of our years and I barely even know the reason we fight anymore. One time it's oil and the next it's because of 9/11. I'll never understand why we all can't just be adults and keep to ours and that goes for all other countries as well.

It will take decades for the world to realize that wars bring none but destruction.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I bet if every country stopped putting dumbasses in charge, we could have peace a lot sooner. The people should pick leaders that are more mature than what we have now... maybe even someone as mature as a 1st grader

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
@T-123456

Mate, although we are a peace loving nation, our ancestors' love for war is something astonishing ? In all Mehter songs it all tells about warring for glory, stuff like that....

Maybe it's so because they face no defeat for 6 centuries... ?

Bubblegum Crisis

Professional
Reactions
230 5 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

One reality. *-^

Si vis pacem, para bellum

“If you want peace, prepare for war”

\_/)

allenrexler

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think there is anything wrong with having a strong military, but I think we need to be smarter about what countries we engage with. Some things just aren't America's problem, and it seems to take an outsider to say this sort of thing. Donald Trump has said the crisis in Crimea, for example, is Europe's problem. Germany is a rich nation, he says, so why don't they and other European powers deal with it how they see fit? He was also against the Iraq war and the "faulty intelligence" that cause the war. Dr. Ron Paul has been quietly saying for years how US Foreign policy in the Middle East leads to negative unintended consequences. We need to be smarter with our military might, especially with $19 trillion in debt. History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" is a cautionary tale; Edward Gibbon devoted his life to that work.

Bubblegum Crisis

Professional
Reactions
230 5 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" is a cautionary tale; Edward Gibbon devoted his life to that work.

It’s too late !

You imposed your desire in the world not for the sake of all humanity but only for your own interests. Now, you will have to prepare to pay. The Roman Empire has lasted thousands of years. You in your boundless arrogance you would be only a detail of history (1945-2001).

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time (Link)

President Dwight D. Eisenhower - January 17, 1961

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
@T-123456

Mate, although we are a peace loving nation, our ancestors' love for war is something astonishing ? In all Mehter songs it all tells about warring for glory, stuff like that....

Maybe it's so because they face no defeat for 6 centuries... ?
No mate,our ancestors were nomadic warriors for centuries,they fought for many kingdoms(hired soldiers) before they settled down,you cant get that out,its in the blood.
We fought our way from Altai(Mongolia) to Turkiye through the centuries and are still fighting some enemy,maybe its because they dont leave us in peace.

davm92

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Mexico
Wars are devastating, no one likes dead soldiers and grieving families. On the other hand wars are great for technology and development. I think that without WW2 a lot of the technology improvements we have today like the radar or even the internet would have been delayed for at least 10 years. Cryptography would still be pretty basic without Alan Turing's work in the Enigma machine. In my opinion wars are a necessary evil.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
In the Indian epic Mahabharata the Pandavs had to fight their own relatives and close ones to win the war for truth, they did not enjoy fighting and when they won had lost a lot of people to the fight and were emotionally and psychologically, broken which shows war does take a toll on the people who win in the end. I reckon that if war has to be fought then it should be for the defense and also fight by rules if possible as slaying the enemy in an unfair manner can affect the person, and have hate from the people as well. In the Animorphs the book series the war ends but it seems like they lost more as Jake the leader has to order his own brothers death when he was asking him to save him from his cousin, Rachel who shortly dies after and was depressing to read this bit. It goes to show that war can bring more pain and suffering no matter which side wins and also the aftermath of it can be dreadful and you see all the carnage and the ones who died in the process which can be sad.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
In the Indian epic Mahabharata the Pandavs had to fight their own relatives and close ones to win the war for truth, they did not enjoy fighting and when they won had lost a lot of people to the fight and were emotionally and psychologically, broken which shows war does take a toll on the people who win in the end. I reckon that if war has to be fought then it should be for the defense and also fight by rules if possible as slaying the enemy in an unfair manner can affect the person, and have hate from the people as well. In the Animorphs the book series the war ends but it seems like they lost more as Jake the leader has to order his own brothers death when he was asking him to save him from his cousin, Rachel who shortly dies after and was depressing to read this bit. It goes to show that war can bring more pain and suffering no matter which side wins and also the aftermath of it can be dreadful and you see all the carnage and the ones who died in the process which can be sad.
I think that analogy illustrated the "everyone loses" aspect to war. Unfortunately, the people in charge don't get it, at all.

eveliner

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I've recently seen a fellow who said that the world shouldn't be divided between different ideologies and that everyone should " live under the same roof." That's a very faux feeling to live by, to be honest. Humans will always disagree on everything, even if deep within them they might know that their interlocutor(s) is/are right, mostly out of pride. This disagreement concludes war. I partly agree with rightct that governments have managed to monetize wars, but that's not entirely true... though in its essence, yeah. Today, wars are mainly conducted for profit. But those that happened hundreds and thousands of years ago were not.

To answer your question: Yes, I hate wars, though as paradoxical as it might sound, even this sustains capitalism!

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I've recently seen a fellow who said that the world shouldn't be divided between different ideologies and that everyone should " live under the same roof." That's a very faux feeling to live by, to be honest. Humans will always disagree on everything, even if deep within them they might know that their interlocutor(s) is/are right, mostly out of pride. This disagreement concludes war. I partly agree with rightct that governments have managed to monetize wars, but that's not entirely true... though in its essence, yeah. Today, wars are mainly conducted for profit. But those that happened hundreds and thousands of years ago were not.

To answer your question: Yes, I hate wars, though as paradoxical as it might sound, even this sustains capitalism!
I agree. But I think that idea isn't only faux, but really naive, as well. Metaphorically, it's the exact same thing as what happens if just 2 people live under the same roof. Within 6 months it's all out war. One person is refusing to wash dishes and the other is refusing to take out the trash. The entire house will turn into a stinky mess. Imagine what would happen if they had nuclear bombs.

axiom_low

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Canada
It is not as black and white as "war is always wrong/right". There are a variety of situations in which force of arms is the only way to keep innocent people safe or stop atrocities from occurring. At the same time we must be careful to not support war for the sake of war, a balance is needed.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wars are nothing but the tool for stronger side to take what it wants using small allies in big combats. Everything is being run by big multinational companies. Religion, patriotism, justice or anything similar are just simple excuses and tools for more powerful shadow companies to take over everything. It sounds like a conspiracy but it is very close to the truth. We no nothing about that so we guess but our guesses are close to the truth. A writer from Serbia said : 'For a smart man every war is lost. You do not have to participate to lose it.' With this you can get clear picture about my opinion on war. I have survived two wars in my lifetime on the Serbian soil. I really do not want another one.