BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Otokar Submits Bid for Turkey’s Indigenous Tank
By Burak Ege Bekdil, Defense News 6:50 p.m. EST January 26, 2016

altay.jpg

ANKARA, Turkey —The Turkish company that designed and produced prototypes for what will become Turkey’s first indigenous new generation battle tank, the Altay, said it submitted a bid to the Ankara government for the tank’s serial production.

Armored vehicles maker Otokar said it submitted its serial production proposal to Turkey’s procurement agency, the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM), in January.

Otokar’s bid involves the production of an initial batch of 250 tanks and integrated logistical support for the program.

The company said it completed the production of Altay prototypes, which are now going through system qualification and acceptance tests.

Procurement officials said that the serial production of the Altay would begin in 2017.

SSM is expected this year to announce a bidding for the Altay’s serial production.

Potential bidders are three local armored vehicle makers: Otokar, BMC and FNSS.

Turkish officials have said that a number of countries Turkey views as “allies” are interested in buying the Altay.

They said Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and some other Gulf countries were showing a large interest in the Altay.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Has the Altay been combat proven? has it engage in the military operation along the Syrian border? Turkey should test the tank in the Arabian desert during the summer under 50 degree temperature to test endurance.

Saudi Arabia is showing interest yes but what happened to AK-Pakistan LOL

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think it will take more testing to get more people to trust this tank and we need to see how long can it travel and is it good for use in the heat or cold which can show what it is capable of and this will show when the tank can be used and when it should not as having a tank that can't endure heat for a long time will not be good for the people in the tank as they will get exhausted. The countries will have to see how the tests go and then decide on the tanks they will purchase and think they should purchase a few first and then buy more once they get a good chance to test the ones they buy, and hope that they run a lot of tests and see if there are any faults. It is going to take more time and also reckon that the tests will show is there anything that needs to be fixed and hope there is insurance so that people will not have to spend money on something the company should spend the money on and also think that we should see if it is a reliable tank.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Turkey should test the tank in the Arabian desert during the summer under 50 degree temperature to test endurance.

Yes, it's perfect condition to hold a test. :---~

5d45b631f6634f0ea7a4c9b1a77c53a3.jpg

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
By Burak Ege Bekdil, Defense News 6:50 p.m. EST January 26, 2016

LAND_Altay_Tests_Road_Otokar_lg.jpg

ANKARA, Turkey —The Turkish company that designed and produced prototypes for what will become Turkey’s first indigenous new generation battle tank, the Altay, said it submitted a bid to the Ankara government for the tank’s serial production.

Armored vehicles maker Otokar said it submitted its serial production proposal to Turkey’s procurement agency, the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM), in January.

Otokar’s bid involves the production of an initial batch of 250 tanks and integrated logistical support for the program.

The company said it completed the production of Altay prototypes, which are now going through system qualification and acceptance tests.

Procurement officials said that the serial production of the Altay would begin in 2017.

SSM is expected this year to announce a bidding for the Altay’s serial production.

Potential bidders are three local armored vehicle makers: Otokar, BMC and FNSS.

Turkish officials have said that a number of countries Turkey views as “allies” are interested in buying the Altay.

They said Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and some other Gulf countries were showing a large interest in the Altay.
Otokar would be the best choice,i hope Otokar gets it.

Has the Altay been combat proven? has it engage in the military operation along the Syrian border? Turkey should test the tank in the Arabian desert during the summer under 50 degree temperature to test endurance.

Maybe the AK is to small/light weight for the KSA?

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The T-90 ran a test in SA∫øø§ when was that and how did it go?

It was held in 2010 or 2011. We were planning to buy 150 T-90S, S400 and other equipment in a big deal, but the Russians lost the deal for their stupid policy in Syria. √∞ç

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Otokar would be the best choice,i hope Otokar gets it.

Maybe the AK is to small/light weight for the KSA?

I was refereeing to Pakistan when I said that. I mean why is Pakistan showing interest in the Altay tank when they have the AK that they brag about all the time. As far as I know, Saudi Arabia already have the AK in a fair number but I believe the deal was made to help the production line there in Pakistan. I personally rate Altay above the AK for many reasons.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
I was refereeing to Pakistan when I said that. I mean why is Pakistan showing interest in the Altay tank when they have the AK that they brag about all the time. As far as I know, Saudi Arabia already have the AK in a fair number but I believe the deal was made to help the production line there in Pakistan. I personally rate Altay above the AK for many reasons.
Didnt know you had some AK's.