Our president is so dangerous... | World Defense

Our president is so dangerous...

User911

BANNED
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
So I'm reading this article today about Iran and its desire to get nuclear weapons. REALLY concerned about the following quote from the article, "Finally, the Obama administration is signaling that it will seek to implement any deal it strikes with Iran — including the suspension of sanctions that were originally imposed by Congress — without a vote by either chamber. Instead, an accord that would have far-reaching implications for nuclear proliferation and U.S. national security would be imposed unilaterally by a president with less than two years left in his term."

It is absolutely outrageous for our president to think he should have so much power that only he (and Valerie Jarrett) should decide whether or not a wild card country like Iran should have nuclear weapons. The founders of our great nation split the power among various bodies FOR A REASON. Valerie was born in Iran. This thing has got to be coming from her. All of our allies over in the middle east and other regions are scratching their heads wondering why we are backing away from them and why we are trying to make nice with nutjob countries like Iran. It's like Barack is doing everything possible to see that Israel and America are wiped off the map. Then again, the American people only have themselves to blame. They voted this guy in. Twice.

This is a link for the entire article. I thought it was an excellent read. The emerging Iran nuclear deal raises major concerns - The Washington Post

Rainshield7

Reactions
3 1 0
Country
USA
Man it is something to fear when the president wants to strike a deal to get nuclear weapons. Then again I just hope that we do not wage war with Iran. Iran has nuclear weapons in their arsenal and they can launch them anytime.

Urhin

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
8 0 0
Country
Australia
So I'm reading this article today about Iran and its desire to get nuclear weapons. REALLY concerned about the following quote from the article, "Finally, the Obama administration is signaling that it will seek to implement any deal it strikes with Iran — including the suspension of sanctions that were originally imposed by Congress — without a vote by either chamber. Instead, an accord that would have far-reaching implications for nuclear proliferation and U.S. national security would be imposed unilaterally by a president with less than two years left in his term."

It is absolutely outrageous for our president to think he should have so much power that only he (and Valerie Jarrett) should decide whether or not a wild card country like Iran should have nuclear weapons. The founders of our great nation split the power among various bodies FOR A REASON. Valerie was born in Iran. This thing has got to be coming from her. All of our allies over in the middle east and other regions are scratching their heads wondering why we are backing away from them and why we are trying to make nice with nutjob countries like Iran. It's like Barack is doing everything possible to see that Israel and America are wiped off the map. Then again, the American people only have themselves to blame. They voted this guy in. Twice.

This is a link for the entire article. I thought it was an excellent read. The emerging Iran nuclear deal raises major concerns - The Washington Post

That is actually the role of the US President--to oversee foreign policy. He is fully within his rights to initiate foreign policy changes. Whether it is wise to do so without congressional backing--of course it isn't. There are solutions to that of course. For instance, as the article points out, "Such a unilateral course by Mr. Obama would alienate even his strongest congressional supporters. It would mean that a deal with Iran could be reversed, within months of its completion, by the next president."

As to whether Iran should be allowed to enrich nuclear energy, I think the answer has to be tempered by a great dose of realism. The fact is, America has had a very hard time trying to prevent it from continuing to enrich its uranium. Many of Iran's nuclear facilities went undetected for years. Iran currently builds its nuclear facilities deep underground with thick concrete shielding. It would take a heavy air operation with tons of bunker buster bombs to blow through a nuclear facility. And America will need to get approval to fly through Iraqi airspace, something that previous reports have shown is unlikely to be given. Furthermore even if it manages to blow up those facilities, Iran will simply rebuild them in a matter of years. It's inevitable that Iran will develop uranium enrichment capabilities.

I believe the president has rightly recognised this and has therefore sought to undertake the next best course of action--to regulate and closely monitor. This is the only way America can prevent Iran from enriching weapons-grade uranium.

Rainshield7

Reactions
3 1 0
Country
USA
That is actually the role of the US President--to oversee foreign policy. He is fully within his rights to initiate foreign policy changes. Whether it is wise to do so without congressional backing--of course it isn't. There are solutions to that of course. For instance, as the article points out, "Such a unilateral course by Mr. Obama would alienate even his strongest congressional supporters. It would mean that a deal with Iran could be reversed, within months of its completion, by the next president."

As to whether Iran should be allowed to enrich nuclear energy, I think the answer has to be tempered by a great dose of realism. The fact is, America has had a very hard time trying to prevent it from continuing to enrich its uranium. Many of Iran's nuclear facilities went undetected for years. Iran currently builds its nuclear facilities deep underground with thick concrete shielding. It would take a heavy air operation with tons of bunker buster bombs to blow through a nuclear facility. And America will need to get approval to fly through Iraqi airspace, something that previous reports have shown is unlikely to be given. Furthermore even if it manages to blow up those facilities, Iran will simply rebuild them in a matter of years. It's inevitable that Iran will develop uranium enrichment capabilities.

I believe the president has rightly recognised this and has therefore sought to undertake the next best course of action--to regulate and closely monitor. This is the only way America can prevent Iran from enriching weapons-grade uranium.
I think with all the weapons around the world Iran is still standing their ground. Even if the president has to cross bridges just to get in on the info about the weapons being made it has to be done. Foreign policy just seems like something that is going to get violated no matter what the president does.

Urhin

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
8 0 0
Country
Australia
I think with all the weapons around the world Iran is still standing their ground. Even if the president has to cross bridges just to get in on the info about the weapons being made it has to be done. Foreign policy just seems like something that is going to get violated no matter what the president does.

This is a non sequitur. The impossibility of enforcing certain foreign policy objectives does not mean that any and all foreign policies will be violated. If the president chooses to allow Iran to have nuclear weapons, then America's foreign policy accepts an Iran with nuclear weapons, and there is no violation of foreign policy.

User911

BANNED
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
What I take from this article is that the president is exceeding his authority. I understand that presidents can initiate foreign policy. Of course. But for one person in the entire world to take on such an important issue and try to "solve" it by himself without a team (Congress) is outrageous. For something as important as this, a group of people should have input into decisions made.

The bottom line is that Iran has clearly stated they wish to wipe Israel off the map and America as well. Is the president assisting them in this or is he trying to prevent it? Do people in America want to live or do they want to die? I think the president is at odds with what the American people want. I don't think they want to sacrifice their own lives in order to appease another group of nutjob followers of islam as the president would like us to do.