Over 97% of terrorist attacks in Pakistan originated from Afghanistan | Page 2 | World Defense

Over 97% of terrorist attacks in Pakistan originated from Afghanistan

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Till now ISPR has been highlighting our efforts, but they have very little following.

My proposal IF approved - there will be proper details, from our end as well. Everything has to be transparent, so that credibility is maintained.

Better late than never ........... I hope your proposal gets approved and the outcome helps both the nations.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
India : They were never comfortable with Pakistan's influence in Afghanistan. A restive peaceful friendly Afghanistan is in interests of Pakistan and frees Pakistan of worrying about Western border and gives it more freedom and room to address the Eastern border and its conflicts with India. The nature of these conflicts may or may not involve supporting Kashmiris armed struggle against India. You know an Afghanistan under Indian influence opens two fronts for Pakistan and makes deployment of its forces thin. To keep Pakistan busy and occupied with continued interference through and from Afghanistan helps their cause, it also helps them in their agenda of Isolating Pakistan in the region and somehow internationally. You can verify that Afghanistan doesn't share any border with India but still Indian interest in Afghanistan is high, which does raise questions and doubts in Pakistan.

Afghanistan: It was the only country that refused to recognize Pakistan. They don't accept the Durand line and lay claim to vast area under Pakistan's control. They have a sorts of superiority complex that prevents them from accepting Pakistan as a sovereign powerful country compared to them. This complex translates into hatred so much so that Pakistan's first PM got killed by an Afghan and border conflicts and skirmishes remained a common occurrence unless Pakistan realised that they have to properly address this issue. However, despite their problems and issues with us, Pakistan and Pakistanis remained friendly towards Afghanistan (we had to take hard / harsh steps after APS incident), during their times of trouble Pakistan hosted millions of Afghan refugees and allowed them free movement inside Pakistan (one of the reasons it regrets) ...... Afghan refugees remained in Pakistan for more than three decades a whole new generation grew up in Pakistan but that too didn't help with overcoming their hatred.

Pakistan sees AT as a friendly regime in Pakistan because their period was the only one in which Pakistan had little worries, but post 9/11 and Northern Alliance allying with US and Nato ....... the hostility towards Pakistan started again. Indian influence increased and somehow Pakistan felt that it was being sidelined despite it being the key ally and most relevant party in Afghanistan. NDS in Afghanistan seems like independently working to harm Pakistan's interests ....... and Pakistan has to respond to their actions. Turning Pakistan as an evil in eyes of common Afghan is their achievement. So we can assume that three nations are fighting proxy wars ..... the only difference between the three is that this continues proxy war hurts Pakistan and Afghanistan more and India very little. But India still manages to successfully declare itself a victim of terror.

Russia: Its only recently that they opened up in their relations with Pakistan. The two countries have bitter memories of Balochistan and Afghanistan where they had hurt each other and their interests. Plus Russia did play a significant role in training East Pakistan insurgents and in separating East Pakistan from West. However, now Pakistan and Russia's interests may have aligned as they are facing a common enemy's presence in Afghanistan ....... ISIS.

Iran: Post revolution, Pakistan's relations with Iran remain confused. Pakistan is doubtful of Iran's agenda and its relations with India. Iran blames Pakistan for not taking action against their terrorists, and Pakistan remains conscious of their sectarian agenda and motives. The relations between the two are just neutral and shoddy. Pakistan has significant Shiite population which somehow is loyal to Iran and its interests, I am not blaming them but such people do exist. Further relations got complicated when Pakistan arrested an Indian spy a high Ranking Military Official who had been residing in Iran and operating against and helping insurgents / terrorists in Pakistan from there. Plus Indian interests in Chah Bahar etc. No matter what the trust between the two is missing. Its a difficult relation with them.

UAE: Well Gawadar port plus a lot of other things where they even went to extent of threatening Pakistan with grave consequences. However the relations have returned to normalcy I think. But we did witness a dent.

US / Israel etc: Nuclear program ....... they have their boogeyman who somehow gets hold of the Pakistani nukes and that threatens their interests and safety. Plus US clearly sidelined Pakistan in Afghanistan, and how the new alliances are shaping in this region US and Pakistan are in opposite camps. Though you cannot straight away reverse 70 years of strategic relations but the dependence on each other has gone down a lot. Pakistan feels betrayed because it has put even its repute to stakes in accomplishment of US goals. US is after its bigger interests and if they could totally ignore Pakistan they would have openly divorced their relations with Pakistan. And interestingly no matter how good our relations remained at state level ....... common Pakistani had this hatred for US, and US never worried about bettering its image.

Israel is understandable.

I will not even pretend to understand your starting with India, and with the issues that you have mentioned, and with your omission of the very long tradition of peaceful and friendly relations between India and Afghanistan, since long before the coup by Sardar Daoud, the take-over by the Communists, and the incursion of the Soviet Union. Considering that these relations existed, at a time that Afghanistan was on bad terms with Pakistan, it is not clear why any good links with Afghanistan should cause surprise and alarm in Pakistan. This is not the first time, and I am sure that this will not be the last time to have to point out that Pakistan's attitude towards India is formed to a large extent by Pakistan's self-knowledge; knowing that one has done one's best to harm one's neighbour, using both overt and covert methods, is a powerful reason to believe that the neighbour in question must be doing the same thing. If it is right for Pakistan to scheme and conspire against India, what could be more natural than for Pakistan, and Pakistanis, to think that India was already begun to scheme against Pakistan?

In this state of mind, the truth does not matter. Speculation and uneasy consciences do.

I am sorry that the good relations that some of us sought to infuse into this lively forum should have had so brief a life.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I will not even pretend to understand your starting with India, and with the issues that you have mentioned, and with your omission of the very long tradition of peaceful and friendly relations between India and Afghanistan, since long before the coup by Sardar Daoud, the take-over by the Communists, and the incursion of the Soviet Union. Considering that these relations existed, at a time that Afghanistan was on bad terms with Pakistan, it is not clear why any good links with Afghanistan should cause surprise and alarm in Pakistan. This is not the first time, and I am sure that this will not be the last time to have to point out that Pakistan's attitude towards India is formed to a large extent by Pakistan's self-knowledge; knowing that one has done one's best to harm one's neighbour, using both overt and covert methods, is a powerful reason to believe that the neighbour in question must be doing the same thing. If it is right for Pakistan to scheme and conspire against India, what could be more natural than for Pakistan, and Pakistanis, to think that India was already begun to scheme against Pakistan?

In this state of mind, the truth does not matter. Speculation and uneasy consciences do.

I am sorry that the good relations that some of us sought to infuse into this lively forum should have had so brief a life.
Joe you do understand, that this is the official position of the Govt. of Pakistan.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan

Sir g why so senti and touchy? Please read the question that Scorpion asked (quoted below) and see where India is mentioned. Then please do read again my second reply where I clearly informed Scorpion that I will answer his questions based on whatever little knowledge I have including my own opinion and views. India and Pakistan cannot ignore each other, considering the nature of relations of both countries, their shared history and close proximity, I can easily speculate that in this world any nations that mention another country most, would be Indians mentioning Pakistan and Pakistanis mentioning India. My views and opinions on India or any country don't have to do anything with my personal relations with residents of those countries. I haven't by any means tried stopping any Indian to share his / her opinion and side of story with Scorpion. You are free to educate us all ............

Plus ......... not that it matters, here in this world I have been typing India with initial caps 'I' contrary to my previous bad habit somewhere else. This was all because I don't want to carry any bad habit that I may have developed somewhere else. And this would have been like this even this forum didn't have any Indian members.

Who is behind the attacks? Pakistan has accused India on many platforms, Afghanistan Taliban or US intelligence? Or it could be Iran?

I will try answering the ones that I can based on whatever little knowledge I have, including my own opinion and views.

Hithchiker

Reactions
721 28 0
Country
Pakistan
Na, in your preamble, it was said even with contradictory opinion the discussion will be with respect and dignity alongside maintaining honesty in opinion..
So even if we disagree or does not coincide with views we must debate with open mind and that is the crux...I have no issue in accepting that i have learned and mold some of my opinion based on discussion with you...I see a glimpse of hope rather than dark when i engaged with indians somewhere else..
Agree to disagree and engaging people to people is far better way i believe...

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
Sir g why so senti and touchy? Please read the question that Scorpion asked (quoted below) and see where India is mentioned. Then please do read again my second reply where I clearly informed Scorpion that I will answer his questions based on whatever little knowledge I have including my own opinion and views. India and Pakistan cannot ignore each other, considering the nature of relations of both countries, their shared history and close proximity, I can easily speculate that in this world any nations that mention another country most, would be Indians mentioning Pakistan and Pakistanis mentioning India. My views and opinions on India or any country don't have to do anything with my personal relations with residents of those countries. I haven't by any means tried stopping any Indian to share his / her opinion and side of story with Scorpion. You are free to educate us all ............

Plus ......... not that it matters, here in this world I have been typing India with initial caps 'I' contrary to my previous bad habit somewhere else. This was all because I don't want to carry any bad habit that I may have developed somewhere else. And this would have been like this even this forum didn't have any Indian members.

@I.R.A

I can't imagine why I didn't read your answer with a little more care, before responding to it myself. It would have shown clearly that your contention in this message above was perfectly reasonable and was a systematic response to some other member's well-meaning question. For reading your mail in isolation and reacting in horror and anger, only I am to blame.

My thanks to @jbgt90 for his suggestion that I should read the exchange again, in a calmer frame of mind.

Totally unnecessary storm in a tea-cup. Sorry, @I.R.A

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
@I.R.A

I can't imagine why I didn't read your answer with a little more care, before responding to it myself. It would have shown clearly that your contention in this message above was perfectly reasonable and was a systematic response to some other member's well-meaning question. For reading your mail in isolation and reacting in horror and anger, only I am to blame.

My thanks to @jbgt90 for his suggestion that I should read the exchange again, in a calmer frame of mind.

Totally unnecessary storm in a tea-cup. Sorry, @I.R.A

No problems sir .......... we are humans and we have ups and downs of real lives outside this virtual world. I don't feel there was a need for an apology ......... you are most welcome to share your views.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
No problems sir .......... we are humans and we have ups and downs of real lives outside this virtual world. I don't feel there was a need for an apology ......... you are most welcome to share your views.

I apologised for being stupid, not for being wrong. Being wrong, being HONESTLY wrong, is all right. Being stupid is NOT all right. And my post was stupid because it did not take into account that you were responding to someone. Utterly stupid. I could have killed myself after @jbgt90 pointed it out. I am glad that you are being so relaxed about it, and am very grateful.

PS: What irritates me about some of the kids is not that they are wrong, but that they are being stupid. Apart from four years teaching, I have thirty four years of management. Giving young, untried people a go at being in charge, and picking up the pieces when they sometimes stumble and fall was never a big deal. But their tripping and falling because they didn't take trouble going at any specific matter without learning about it was a very big deal.