PAC/CAC JF-17 Thunder Block 3 makes its maiden flight today - 15 Dec 2019 | World Defense

PAC/CAC JF-17 Thunder Block 3 makes its maiden flight today - 15 Dec 2019

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Amazing and finally. It took them ages. Any footage/images?

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
PAF has 80+ Block I and a few Block II. Now introducing Block III, it seems like an end of an era to Block I either phased or sold.

Congrats.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF has 80+ Block I and a few Block II. Now introducing Block III, it seems like an end of an era to Block I either phased or sold.

Congrats.
50 block 1, 72 block 2 including the dual seater.
@Scorpion buddy, get ready, Ask your prince to use this chance and get ToT of these new birds and put as first stone towards building KSA Aviation industry

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
No pics yet

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan

Congrats.

I think there are at least 3 squadrons of blk 2, while Blk 1 which are as well about 3 squadrons, have been upgraded to blk2.
This is excluding the Myanmar and Nigerian deliveries, which are as well blk 2.

Blk3 as we know, have many upgrades of 4.5 generation level.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
@Scorpion buddy, get ready, Ask your prince to use this chance and get ToT of these new birds and put as first stone towards building KSA Aviation industry

I am not quite sure why such initiative has not been proposed. We have been tot avionics, manufacturing jet missiles, wings and body parts and we produce raw material at home that can be used in aviation application like aluminum, titanium for jet engines, fans, compressors, fuel tanks, landing gears, ducts, fasteners, springs and one. We make our own communication systems, and own COMSAT, IFF, batteries, switches, fuses, cables and list goes on. We even have many maintenance facilities that repair jet engines and aircraft in general. We surely can JV with Pakistan or at least tot some know how for a national jet. Not sure what decision-makers in the country are thinking about.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
I am not quite sure why such initiative has not been proposed. We have been tot avionics, manufacturing jet missiles, wings and body parts and we produce raw material at home that can be used in aviation application like aluminum, titanium for jet engines, fans, compressors, fuel tanks, landing gears, ducts, fasteners, springs and one. We make our own communication systems, and own COMSAT, IFF, batteries, switches, fuses, cables and list goes on. We even have many maintenance facilities that repair jet engines and aircraft in general. We surely can JV with Pakistan or at least tot some know how for a national jet. Not sure what decision-makers in the country are thinking about.
We can checkout this coming year, many things will come to light

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
50 block 1, 72 block 2 including the dual seater.

Hi,

I think it is too late to partner and TOT---. The Emiratis have been caught in their arrogance---.

If they had wanted to really really learn---they should have been the part of the project fro the go---that would have show some vision---.

Worst case scenario---they should have tagged along with the BLK2---.

Now---it is just an eye wash if they chose to join---.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Hi,

I think it is too late to partner and TOT---. The Emiratis have been caught in their arrogance---.

If they had wanted to really really learn---they should have been the part of the project fro the go---that would have show some vision---.

UAE and Saudi Arabia are two different countries.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

Sir, if they procure numbers, they can get licensed production as well.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
UAE and Saudi Arabia are two different countries.

Hi,

Thank you---indeed different---..

That was a typo error on my part---because in the back of my mind were previous discussion of emirates to have joined this project years ago---. Because expectations were for Emirates to be the leader of ingenuity in the region---.

But thank you for correcting me---hehehehehe.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir, if they procure numbers, they can get licensed production as well.

Hi,

Licensed production is fine---but when you had the carte blanche of joining in at the very base level---why miss the opportunity---and that goes for both saudia and emirates---.