Pakistan’s Submarine Fleet is a Navy SEAL’s Dream | Page 2 | World Defense

Pakistan’s Submarine Fleet is a Navy SEAL’s Dream

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
In project management you always have distinguish the actual NEED and WANTS agiant the scope, bughat and timelines of project/project to have actual picture of outcome and outputs expected, otherwise you remain in fools paradise never able achieve satisfied outcome within timelines..

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Submarine Capabilities

Based at Karachi, the Pakistan Navy operates a fleet of five diesel-electric submarines and three MG110 mini submarines. [1] Pakistan views its submarine force as necessary to maintain its "credible minimum deterrence" posture. [2]

Capabilities at a Glance
Total Submarines in Fleet: 8

Ballistic Missile Submarines (SSBNs): 0
Nuclear-Powered attack submarines (SSNs): 0
Diesel-electric attack submarines (SSKs): 5
Mini Submarines (SSMs): 3
Air-independent propulsion (AIP) enabled: 3/8
Submarines
Singapore Submarine Table Class, Builder, Year Commissioned

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
Mystery Submarine In Service With Pakistan’s Navy SEALs
H I SuttonContributor
Aerospace & Defense
I cover the changing world of underwater warfare.
Some of the best-kept secrets are hidden in plain sight. Sitting on the quayside at PNS Iqbal, a special naval base in Karachi, Pakistan, is a submarine that you won’t find in any reference books, including my own World Submarines Covert Shores Recognition Guide. To my knowledge this will be the first article detailing this submarine, which appears to be in service with Pakistani Navy SEALs.

New Pakistan Navy Midget Submarine
Artist’s impression of the new Pakistan Navy[+]
H I SUTTON

The submarine is a small special forces type, measuring around 55 feet long by 7 to 8 feet across. That is a fraction of the size of a regular submarine. Its location and size both point to use by the Pakistani Navy’s Special Service Group, known as SSG (N). They are equivalent to the U.S. Navy SEALs and use the ‘SEAL’ terminology. They have a long tradition of training with the American unit.