Pakistan ‘unfairly’ blamed for Washington’s failures in Afghanistan, PM Khan tells RT | World Defense

Pakistan ‘unfairly’ blamed for Washington’s failures in Afghanistan, PM Khan tells RT

Mangus Ortus Novem

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
984 17 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan ‘unfairly’ blamed for Washington’s failures in Afghanistan, PM Khan tells RT

Islamabad suffered great losses when it joined Washington’s War on Terror, and in the end the US still pinned the blame on Pakistan for its own setbacks in Afghanistan, Prime Minister Imran Khan told RT in an exclusive interview.

Pakistan took a serious hit after joining the US-led global campaign against terrorism, Khan revealed. Before that, Islamabad had been training the Islamist Mujahedeen fighters, who were “funded by the American CIA” to wage war against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s. But as it was the US’ turn to invade Afghanistan, “these groups turned against us,” he stated.

We lost 70,000 people. We lost over $100 billion [from] the economy. And in the end, we were blamed for the Americans not succeeding in Afghanistan. I felt it was very unfair to Pakistan.
Watch the full interview with Imran Khan on Friday.

Shazam

Reactions
356 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Nice interview. While you will agree that like the rest of Pakistan and most people in general, IK should be on a whirlwind diplomatic world tour of ME, Europe, Asian countries such as Russia, Japan and China to speak on behalf of People of Indian occupied Kashmir... but the reasons that he is not inclined to do that may only become clearer after his UN speech and conclusion of his visit.

The thing that particularly intrigued myself was his request to the young people of Kashmir to be patient and not cross the LOC only until he speaks to the UN and returns from there to tell them what to do next. If ever there was a statement that pitched a leaders reputation at such a high stake as he has himself then he must realize that not coming up to the expectations he has himself raised in public, will mean a catastrophic slide in his popularity and following, the minute his statement turns out to be just a tail-light.