Pakistan Air Force has an edge over Indian Air Force: Indian Parliamentary panel | World Defense

Pakistan Air Force has an edge over Indian Air Force: Indian Parliamentary panel

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan Air Force has an edge over Indian Air Force: Indian Parliamentary panel

pakistan-air-force-has-an-edge-over-indian-air-force-indian-parliamentary-panel-1419327876-5766.jpg

NEW DELHI- The strength of Indian Air Force combat fleet is down to 25 squadrons, the Parliamentary panel observed.

"With regard to the existing squadron strength, we are down to 25 squadrons today while Pakistan Air Force has 26 squadrons of operational combat fleet," the committee pointed out.

The standing committee on defence in its report observed that the national security was being compromised.

According to the committee, one of the reasons for the plight of their combatant strength in the skies is the considerable delay in procurement of various platforms.

The 33-member panel said, "Our capability in contrast to our neighbors is eroding quickly."

The committee members were concerned to know about the strategy being pursued to fill the huge gaps in sanctioned and existing trainer aircrafts.

mikeqin

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
perhaps Pakistan might have become a benchmark for them

On the General side - I believe Parliamentary Panel is overlooking the fact that they have more advance Jets then numbers mean nothing

I would really like to know the credentials of members of this panel - and on what grounds they have made this assessment

downsouth

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
This is very hard to believe. I also would question this assessment. First off how accurate are Pakistan in gauging their own forces ? I just don't see this as possible.

Outside of petty skirmishes alongside the Kashmir border, all of this is moot anyway with both countries having nuclear weapons at their disposal.

d4rk3n

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
India
As far as I know, India has better equipment as compared to pak (as pointed by mikequin). So yeah this is kind of amusing. Quality always wins over quantity, so this was a pretty absurd assessment by the panel.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
As far as I am concerned, this is a very ridiculous way of comparing the two countries. Why are they interested in an arms race which will lead to nowhere but violence and death? What they should do is spend more time, effort and money on co-operating with each other.

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
In my own opinion i am not so sure that the Pakistan Air Force has such an edge over India Air Force because from what i know the Indians have a very effective Air power.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I don't know 1 squadron will make a lot of difference in military strength. I would like to believe that although numbers can make or break the outcome of a battle, how you make use of your available military resources matters more. Strategy, stealth and the ability to foresee an enemy's movements are what will determine a country chances of victory. India shouldn't be constrained by numbers.