PAKISTAN AIR FORCE TAKES DELIVERY OF 3 SAAB 2000 AIRCRAFT | Page 2 | World Defense

PAKISTAN AIR FORCE TAKES DELIVERY OF 3 SAAB 2000 AIRCRAFT

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
Sorry for the late reply, just saw your post.

Yes, the latest 3 are ER. and the rest will be upgraded in due time.
Since SAAB has now moved on to selling GlobalEye(built on the Bombardier Global 6000)...does that mean Pak will be integrating the components on the Saab jet domestically?

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Since SAAB has now moved on to selling GlobalEye(built on the Bombardier 2000 I believe)...does that mean Pak will be integrating the components on the Saab jet(I can't recall the exact model) itself?
Saab 2000 is the base for the PAF Erieye ER AWACS, and yes PAF has recieved the kits and will be doing it on its own.
1570916223900.png

The Global Eye has Erieye ER and is based on the Bombardier Global 6000 / 65000
1570915585500.png

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Yes...my understanding was that SAAB is now selling GlobalEye(as in integrating all the equipment on the Bombardier Global 6000)

If Pak is acquiring the Erieye ER...is Saab going to build those for Pak(as a custom order)...or is Pak going to purchase the jets(SAAB jets) and the equipment separately...and integrate everything together domestically?
Pls see below in red.
Saab 2000 is the base for the PAF Erieye ER AWACS, and yes PAF has recieved the kits and will be doing it on its own.

View attachment 10804

View attachment 10806

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Once it matures, then maybe, for now no. The Erieye legacy aircrafts may see an upgrade to the "ER" specs.

A ZDK-03, is undergoing upgrades and overhaul in China as we speak.

View attachment 6986
Sometimes, i read somethings, i get calm and proud, have seen some sharp critics of PAF leadership on this forum but we all can agree on the fact that PAF really is quite a modern airforce alhamdulillah. We may lack Fighters, but we have got loads of supporting Force multipliers which adversary lacks. I believe 27 Feb proved that. We should get at least 2 more AEW&C

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA

View attachment 10804

View attachment 10806
Mmm that second pic u posted makes me drool...
I so wish Pak would've gone for the Bombardier one...that way it would've had commonality(as far as the platform it's built on) with the swordfish. Oh well...if wishes were horses...

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I so wish Pak would've gone for the Bombardier one...that way it would've had commonality(as far as the platform it's built on) with the swordfish. Oh well...if wishes were horses...
It is better than swordfish. It is Air, Sea and Land capable.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
Sometimes, i read somethings, i get calm and proud, have seen some sharp critics of PAF leadership on this forum but we all can agree on the fact that PAF really is quite a modern airforce alhamdulillah. We may lack Fighters, but we have got loads of supporting Force multipliers which adversary lacks. I believe 27 Feb proved that. We should get at least 2 more AEW&C
For a country the size of Pak...10 AWACS are more than enough. What Pak needs now is to look for an MPA. I would imagine P3 Orions would be needing replacement in the next decade or so.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan

It appears, PAC has plan to develop in house commercial air-craft, which it can use as base for it's future AWACS.
While ERIEYE appears to be the main stay for a while, because its the best technical & economical solution.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I thought swordfish was an MPA...while GlobalEye is an AEWAC...

There are bound to be differences like MAD(Magnetic Anomaly Detector) for detecting submarines...which I think is lacking on the GlobalEye(since it's meant to serve a different role). I would imagine there are other differences based on the roles they are meant to serve.

1570918141100.png

Global eye mad - Copy.JPG

GlobalEye AEW&C is a true multi-role system designed to operate effectively in a wide range of missions – air, maritime and ground surveillance in one single solution.

It can operate in dedicated roles or in a multitude of combined roles and has the ability to instantly switch between these roles – swing-role – at any time during an on-going mission.