Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

The Multi-Role Radar (TPS-77 MRR) is designed for ultra-low power consumption and is the most transportable version of Lockheed Martin's successful TPS-77 product line. This high-performing radar can be truck mounted or easily transported via C-130, truck, rail or helicopter.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
I'm shocked the US, is now really willingly wanting to reopen defence ties with Pakistan, seems like Khan's visit really proved two things. he can reform relations with just about anyone and that he can acquire high end tech from the US like India can.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I'm shocked the US, is now really willingly wanting to reopen defence ties with Pakistan, seems like Khan's visit really proved two things. he can reform relations with just about anyone and that he can acquire high end tech from the US like India can.
Not khan, but this is the real reason.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan

Unless there was some hypnotism involved, I'm not hope full of whatever he said to Trump in single, which if happened, should never had been allowed.
Whatever he said in public wasn't convincing enough.
Still, whatever his wisdom is, must reflect on Pakistan's progress and development, where he's as clueless as day one and earned nick name of donkey king.
He perhaps is also equally ill informed on Pakistan's security challenges and facts, i never heard him talking logical or on facts.
I trust US more in having him use for their own interests. rather than this so called super human dictating all of US think tank by simply having 15 minutes with Trump in private.
When it comes to Pakistan, US is not even willing to reimburse CSF expenditure. It must have been some other factors, which lead to change of game plan by US.

Recent regional developments were:
-Results of recent limited war with India. Where Indians were denied to make a single lock on any of PAF aircraft... this is what came shocking, not only to Indians but to US as well and can lead to serious power shift in region, if another armed conflict ensued.
-US seems to have made principal decision on having a base in Kashmir valley, which will suerly not go in favor of Pakistan, considering the experience with US base in Afghanistan.
-Before getting involved in Kashmir, US wanted some break, for it's resources in and outside of US, so demobilizing some of it's operations out of Afghanistan would be transit phase.

Sorry for the detour. Let's hit the topic again.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Its for replacement of old Siemens radars we operate for low level. Its deal was also supposed to be announced before Blk-72.
Replacing MPDRs? My dad commanded 482 CrC wing out of Malir.... memories

PewPew

Reactions
309 9 0
Country
Pakistan
Replacing MPDRs? My dad commanded 482 CrC wing out of Malir.... memories
Interesting! My old man was on a team sent to Germany to train on the MPDR (Project Crystal?).

Anyways, according to the MoDP 2017-2018 Yearbook, the DGDP ordered 10 low-level radars of an unknown type for $130 m. So, there's definitely something in the pipeline, we just don't know what it is yet.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Interesting! My old man was on a team sent to Germany to train on the MPDR (Project Crystal?).

Anyways, according to the MoDP 2017-2018 Yearbook, the DGDP ordered 10 low-level radars of an unknown type for $130 m. So, there's definitely something in the pipeline, we just don't know what it is yet.

View attachment 9929

Yup Project Crystal. My father was the only one who didn't go to germany and had opposed the acquisition :p

PewPew

Reactions
309 9 0
Country
Pakistan
probably no or at least in near future, as MPDRs overhauling are going to be initiated soon ....
Even if they did order new low level radars for replacing the MPDRs, it'd take 1~2 years to build, induct, and operationalize. Moreover, since these are in batches, we'll probably see MPDRs work with the new radars for a couple of years too.