Pakistan approves Nigerian JF-17

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
https://www.janes.com/article/84043/pakistan-approves-nigerian-jf-17-production
The Pakistani government’s Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) has approved a USD184.3 million sovereign guarantee covering the production of three PAC/CAC JF-17 Thunder fighters for Nigeria under a recently signed contract, the Pakistan Express Tribune reported on 24 October.

This is the first confirmation from Pakistan that Abuja has signed a contract for the JF-17, although payments totalling NGN19.7 billion (USD54 billion) were put aside for the aircraft in Nigeria’s 2016 and 2018 budgets. so far the amount that been contract for is 3

Yıldırım

Reactions
823 2 0
Country
Turkey
Nigeria is planning -25~40 JF-17s all total, Nigeria has a very bad habit of wanting to acquire high end weapons without purchasing, it happened to many countries. Pakistan is making sure they get some cash before the final construction or delivery begins to them.

Ancient350

BANNED
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
India
$60 million for "Made in Pakistan" JF-17 fighter jets ?? Just buy fighter jets from USA or Russia or Europe that are unmatched in the world.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
$60 million for "Made in Pakistan" JF-17 fighter jets ?? Just buy fighter jets from USA or Russia or Europe that are unmatched in the world.

Why underestimating the JF-17? Its very sophisticated fighter jet and come with deadly armament. I rate in par with the f-16.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
F-16 has higher life cycle costs, as compare to jF-17.
Only air force which operate both jF-17 and F-16 is PAF, so we have no choice for our reference.
Pakistan have participated in war exercises with Jordan & Saudi Arabia, so they might have second opinion.
Technical parameters are all known to the public, for the both platforms.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
from what I heard Nigeria inked for construction of 3 aircraft and they are suppose to be delivered this year I think sometime.

Was it actually inked back in 2016? Two years already passed. Not sure if the production line is busy.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
Was it actually inked back in 2016? Two years already passed. Not sure if the production line is busy.
I'm not sure to be honest, I have not been keeping track on the Nigerian JF-17 contract. I'd have to ask, look for information or might want to ask one of our Pakistani members on this forum

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Last news was that Pakistan govt. provided sovereign guarantee to Nigeria, for the on time production & delivery of first batch of jF-17.
Based on this report, Nigerian jF-17 are not delivered yet. Should be some time in current year.

Nashab

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
41 1 0
Country
Jordan
F-16 has higher life cycle costs, as compare to jF-17.
Only air force which operate both jF-17 and F-16 is PAF, so we have no choice for our reference.
Pakistan have participated in war exercises with Jordan & Saudi Arabia, so they might have second opinion.
Technical parameters are all known to the public, for the both platforms.
When and where did Jordan and Pakistan participate in joint exercises?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Back in 2016. No joint exercise has taken place since then except the Eager Lion military drill but it included many other participants as well.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
When and where did Jordan and Pakistan participate in joint exercises?
They have quite a history, I remember their ex-President Gen Zia used to wear a Jordanian medal very proudly, one he won when he was deputed there.

Nashab

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
41 1 0
Country
Jordan
Back in 2016. No joint exercise has taken place since then except the Eager Lion military drill but it included many other participants as well.
They have quite a history, I remember their ex-President Gen Zia used to wear a Jordanian medal very proudly, one he won when he was deputed there.
in 2016 Exersice Fajr Al-Sharq-1 Between Jordanian and Pakistani special forces
Pakistan-Jordan armies conduct Counter Terrorism exercise | Associated Press Of Pakistan