Pakistan Army Aviation Possible acquisitions | Page 43 | World Defense

Pakistan Army Aviation Possible acquisitions

PWFI

Reactions
258 11 0
Country
Pakistan
Look at the bigger picture, which is a more capable attack helo? Zulu or T-129 ?

Secondly, put jingoism aside and think objectively, who in his right mind would want you to skip their own product, and encourage you to buy from a competitor? Can you see how this whole deal was compromised from day one?
That's Exactly what i was thinking about, when i said US Sabotage T129 deal

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
That's Exactly what i was thinking about, when i said US Sabotage T129 deal
Well "sabotage" shows ill intenet, where as the elephant in the room was missed by both parties, due to....?

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Look at the bigger picture, which is a more capable attack helo? Zulu or T-129 ?

Secondly, put jingoism aside and think objectively, who in his right mind would want you to skip their own product, and encourage you to buy from a competitor? Can you see how this whole deal was compromised from day one?

As to the Phillipines deal, the US had previously sold them black hawks and seen disastrous results. They were not very keen on that sale, for the same reason Lockheed would rather sell to PakistanAF than IndianAF.
From the day one it was clear , Turks would not get the US engines for re export to Pakistan in shape of T-129.
Why USA would throw thier own product under the bus. Every one wants to sale his own product and profit for his people.
That was not rocket science, but sorry to say "our top brass was fail to understand this simple economics." Thanks

Farhan Ullah

BANNED
Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Pakistan

As to the Phillipines deal, the US had previously sold them black hawks and seen disastrous results. They were not very keen on that sale, for the same reason Lockheed would rather sell to PakistanAF than IndianAF.
But isn't Z-10ME more capable than T129 in some aspects?

Will you and other knowledgeable people start a thread on comparison?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
But isn't Z-10ME more capable than T129 in some aspects?

Will you and other knowledgeable people start a thread on comparison?
We can do the comparison, but i think it is useless for now. Deal is collapse , but in future we can go for the better product.
Turkish heavy weight helicopter T-929 . Ten ton category with a Ukrainian engine, Turkish armament , most probably free from US sanctions.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
We can do the comparison, but i think it is useless for now. Deal is collapse , but in future we can go for the better product.
Turkish heavy weight helicopter T-929 . Ten ton category with a Ukrainian engine, Turkish armament , most probably free from US sanctions.
ATAK-2 is of interest to PAA, but it all depends on when it is inducted by the Turks themselves, and exactly what capabilities it brings.

It remains to be seen, at that point in time, what capability gaps would it be addressing for PAA.

Farhan Ullah

BANNED
Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Pakistan

According to this Z-10ME has an IR depresser.
So it basically reduces IR signature, effectively meaning upwards directed exhaust is not the only step taken in increasing survivalibility against IR guided missiles, which are the greatest threat a heli faces.

Here's how IR depresser works; (I know its a bigger engine, the video is supposed to give an estimate how effective it is)

PWFI

Reactions
258 11 0
Country
Pakistan
Atak-2 will be a good option for PAA, but with a fleet of AH-1z and large quantity of Z-10ME, where we would fit this Beast? Will there be any place for Atak 2 in PAA in presence of heavy Vipers?

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Atak-2 will be a good option for PAA, but with a fleet of AH-1z and large quantity of Z-10ME, where we would fit this Beast? Will there be any place for Atak 2 in PAA in presence of heavy Vipers?
I think space is there, we would have 30 Z-10ME, AH-1Z would not cross the figure of 20 due to heavy cost. So the russian Mi-28 might touch the figure 10 in future

To counter indian mechanised columns , We need at least 100 gunship helicopter. So we can put 20-30 ATAK -2 in that space.But four different choppers from different countries it can be logistic nightmare for PAA.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
👇
ATAK-2 is of interest to PAA, but it all depends on when it is inducted by the Turks themselves, and exactly what capabilities it brings.

It remains to be seen, at that point in time, what capability gaps would it be addressing for PAA.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
A question:
Can we see Marines inducting helicopters? Or are they going to rely on Navy for the forseeable future?
There are plans in place for the Marines to expand, and get more teeth, but that seems to be on hold. A few battilions have been raised, but nothing more, beyond that.